Polymer(Korea), Vol.34, No.1, 14-19, January, 2010
석조문화재를 위한 아크릴계 보존처리제의 무기친화성 개선
Improvement in Inorganic Affinity of Acrylic Materials for Conservation Treatment of Stone Cultural Assets
여러 원인에 의한 석조문화재의 풍화 손상을 저지할 목적으로 아크릴계 고분자를 이용하는 가압함침 보존 처리방법에서 함침된 고분자와 무기물질인 석재와의 친화성을 높이도록 silane계 아크릴 단량체의 사용을 연구하였다. 기본 단량체인 methyl metacrylate(MMA)에 vinyl trimethoxy silane(VTMS)의 함량을 변화시키고 라디칼 중합으로 MMA-VTMS 공중합체를 얻어 이들 공중합체의 유리전이온도, 평균분자량, 그리고 저장탄성률의 변화를 평가하여 benzoyl peroxide(BPO) 1 wt%, 중합시간 8시간, 그리고 VTMS 5 mol% 혼합의 경우(PMV5)가 최적 혼합비율과 중합조건임을 알 수 있었다. 실제 국내산 화강암과 풍화된 암석의 시편을 함침 보존처리한 후 수분 흡수율, 충격특성, 내산성 및 접착특성 등을 측정한 결과 MMA 단독 사용과 비교하여 PMV5의 경우 모든 특성에 있어서 개선되는 것을 확인하였다.
Applying acrylic silane monomer for determent of weathering damage of stone cultural assets from various sources was investigated to improve inorganic affinity of polymer impregnated to the stone for conservation treatment using impregnation of acrylic polymers under pressure. Radical polymerization was carried out with various mixture ratios of methacrylate (MMA), as the base monomer, and vinyl trimethoxy silane (VTMS). Subsequently, according to the changes of glass transition temperatures, average molecular weights, and storage moduli of the obtained copolymers, the case of adding 1 wt% of benzoyl peroxide, polymerization for 8 hrs, and mixing 5 mol% of VTMS to MMA was the optimum condition of monomer ratio and polymerization. Practically, fresh granites collected in domestic site and weathered stones were treated by following the obtained result above, and then, the moisture absorption, impact, acid resistance, and adhesion properties of the treated stones were compared to those of the corresponding stones treated with MMA only. It was found that those properties of the stones treated with PMV5 were considerably improved.
- JBACH Steinkonservierung GmbH & Co KG, EP 0192038 (1986), EP 0220448 (1987)
- Kang SY, Suh MC, Kim UY, Kim HJ, Polym.(Korea), 32(3), 213 (2008)
- Kang SY, Kim HJ, “Development of Treatment Agent and Method for Stone Cultural Heritange by lmpregnation Process of Polymer”, Development on Evaluation Technology of Deterioration for Conservation of Stone Cultural Properties, Research Project Report, National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage in Korea (2006)
- Xanthos M, Ed., Functional Fillers for Plastics, Part 4, Wiley-VCF, New York (2005)
- Kim JW, Study on Property Changes of Weathered Granite by Acidic Rain, Yoin University, Dept. of Cultural Property, Thesis for Master Degree (2004)