HWAHAK KONGHAK, Vol.39, No.6, 715-720, December, 2001
ESCA를 이용한 웨이퍼의 세정도 측정
Measurement of Cleanliness of Wafer by ESCA
반도체 웨이퍼의 표면 변화에 따른 대체세정제의 세정효율을 측정하기 위하여 ESCA(Electron Spectroscopy for Chemical Analysis)를 이용하여 웨이퍼의 표면을 분석하였다. 농도가 1,000 ppm인 4개(Fe, Cu, Ni, Zn)의 표준 용액을 오염물질로 사용하였고, 대체세정제로 APG C8-12와 APG C14를 사용하였다. ESCA 분석결과 Si, C, O peak가 검출되었으며, 각 오염물질에 대해서 APG C14가 APG C8-12보다 우수한 세정도를 나타냈다.
To measure the cleaning efficiency of alternative cleaning solvents by surface variation of semi-conductive wafer, the experiments were carried out surface analysis of wafer by ESCA(Electron Spectroscopy for Chemical Analysis). Five 1,000 ppm standard solutions(Fe, Cu, Zn, Ni) were used as contaminant materials, and APG C8-12 and C14 were used as alternative cleaning solvents. To result the analysis of ESCA, Si, C and O were detected to major peak and for each contaminant material, APG C14 was shown better cleaning efficiency than APG C8-12.
- Lee YW, "CFC Information," Korea Specialty Chemical Industry Association, 12, 2 (1994)
- Report of the 6th Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol, Nairobi 6-7 October (1994)
- Siegbahn K, ESCA Applied to Free Molecular, North-Ho (1967)
- Hashimoto K, Egashira K, Suzuki M, Matsunaga D, J. Electrochem. Soc., 140, 3321 (1993)
- 1st Warkshop on ULSI Ultra Clean Technology, Nov. (1989)
- Burkman DC, Semicond. International, 4(7), 103 (1981)
- Ruzyllo J, "Handbook of Semiconductor Wafer Cleaning Technology," W. Kern ed., Noyes Publication (1993)
- Hirose M, Yasaka T, Takakura M, Miyazaki S, Solid State Technol., 43 (1991)
- Morita M, Ohmi T, Hasegawa E, Kawakami M, Suma K, Appl. Phys. Lett., 55(6), 562 (1989)