Korean Chemical Engineering Research, Vol.60, No.2, 237-242, May, 2022
잔류 용매 제거를 위한 (+)-dihydromyricetin의 에탄올 전처리 건조
Ethanol-pretreated Drying of (+)-dihydromyricetin for Removal of Residual Solvents
본 연구에서는 정제된(+)-dihydromyricetin로부터 잔류 용매를 효과적으로 제거할 수 있는 건조 방법을 개발하였다. 에탄올 전 처리를 통한 회전 증발(rotary evaporation)에 의해 잔류 아세톤 농도를 ICH 규정치(5,000 ppm) 이하로 효 율적으로 제거하였다. 또한 잔류 에탄올 역시 물 첨가를 통한 회전 증발로 ICH 규정치(5,000 ppm)를 충족시켰으며 잔 류 수분 함량은 4% 이내였다. 모든 건조 온도(35, 45, 55 ℃)에서 잔류 용매는 건조 초기에 급격히 제거되었으며 건조 효율은 건조 온도가 높을수록 증가하였다. 건조 메커니즘 조사 결과, 에탄올 전 처리에 의한 잔류 용매 제거는 아세톤 -에탄올 혼합물의 높은 증기압과 아세톤-에탄올 간의 수소 결합과 연관됨을 알 수 있었다.
In this study, a drying method that can effectively remove residual solvent from (+)-dihydromyricetin was developed. Residual acetone concentration was efficiently removed below ICH-specified value (5,000 ppm) by simple rotary evaporation with ethanol pretreatment. In addition, the residual ethanol met the ICH-specified value (5,000 ppm) by simple rotary evaporation through the addition of water, and the residual moisture also met the specified value (<4%) for active pharmaceutical ingredients. At all the drying temperature (35, 45, and 55 °C), a large amount of the residual solvent was initially removed during the drying, and the drying efficiency increased when increasing the drying temperature. Removal of residual solvent by ethanol pretreatment was shown to be related to high vapor pressure of acetone-ethanol mixture and hydrogen bonding between acetone and ethanol.
- Li F, Raza A, Wang YW, Xu XQ, Chen GH, Phcog. Mag., 13, 446 (2017)
- Zheng XJ, Xiao H, Zeng Z, Sun ZW, Lei C, Dong JZ, Wang Y, J. Funct. Foods, 9, 290 (2014)
- Ji SB, Kim JH, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 56, 370 (2018)
- Du Q, Cai W, Xia M, Ito Y, J. Chromatogr. A, 973, 217 (2002)
- Yohsikawa M, Murakami T, Chem. Pharm. Bull., 44, 1736 (1996)
- Song X, Ren Q, “Preparation and Application of Dihydromyricetin,” CN Patent No. 1,288,892 (2001).
- Zhang Y, “Process for Preparing Dihydromyricetin from Porcelain Ampelopsis,” CN Patent No. 1,393,443 (2003).
- Lee KH, Kim JH, Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng., 13, 274 (2008)
- Lim MK, Kim JH, Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 42, 25 (2014)
- Oh SR, Kim JH, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 38, 480 (2021)
- ICH guidance Q3C impurities: Residual solvents, Fed. Regist. 62, 67377-67388(1997).
- Yoon TH, Kim JH, Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng., 25, 777 (2020)
- Lee JY, Kim JH, Process Biochem., 48, 1809 (2013)
- Lee CG, Kim JH, Process Biochem., 50, 1031 (2015)
- Kang HJ, Kim JH, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 36, 1965 (2019)
- Kang HJ, Kim JH, Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng., 25, 86 (2020)
- Thiygarajan R, Palaniappan L, Phys. Chem. Liq., 46, 336 (2008)
- Thanusha TK, “Study on Thermodynamic Properties of MTBE/ Alcohol Binary Mixtures Using Nonlinear Models and Molecular Interaction Using Spectroscopic Approach,” M.S. Thesis, University Malaysia Pahang, Gambang, Malaysia (2017).
- Zhu Z, Wang L, Ma Y, Wang W, Wang Y, Comput. Chem. Eng., 76, 137 (2005)
- Abu Al-Rub FA, Abdel-Jabbar N, Darwish N, Ghanem H, Chem. Eng. Technol., 25, 729 (2002)
- Ngoc N, Takaomi K, Ultrason. Sonochem., 17, 186 (2010)
- Venegas-Sanchez JA, Tagaya M, Kobayashi T, Ultrason. Sonochem., 21, 295 (2014)