Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.31, No.10, 586-591, October, 2021
교류 구동 방법에 의한 유기전계발광소자 발광 특성의 모델
Model of Organic Light Emitting Device Emission Characteristics with Alternating Current Driving Method
This paper proposes a mathematical model that can calculate the luminescence characteristics driven by alternating current (AC) power using the current-voltage-luminance (I-V-L) properties of organic light emitting devices (OLED) driven by direct current power. Fluorescent OLEDs are manufactured to verify the model, and I-V-L characteristics driven by DC and AC are measured. The current efficiency of DC driven OLED can be divided into three sections. Region 1 is a section where the recombination efficiency increases as the carrier reaches the emission layer in proportion to the increase of the DC voltage. Region 2 is a section in which the maximum luminous efficiency is stably maintained. Region 3 is a section where the luminous efficiency decreases due to excess carriers. Therefore, the fitting equation is derived by dividing the current density and luminance of the DC driven OLED into three regions, and the current density and luminance of the AC driven OLED are calculated from the fitting equation. As a result, the measured and calculated values of the AC driving I-V-L characteristics show deviations of 4.7% for current density, 2.9% for luminance, and 1.9% for luminous efficiency.
- Tang CW, Vanslyke SA, Appl. Phys. Lett., 51, 913 (1987)
- Kido J, Kimura M, Nagai K, Science, 267(5202), 1332 (1995)
- Tsuboi T, Murayama H, Yeh SJ, Chen CT, Opt. Mater., 29, 1299 (2007)
- Chun HD, Na H, Ju SH, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 26, 451 (2013)
- Seo JH, Kim JH, Ju SH, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 27, 104 (2014)
- Seo JH, Ju SH, J. Korean Inst. Surf. Eng., 50, 398 (2017)
- Liu D, Teng F, Xu Z, Yang S, Quan S, He Q, Wang Y, Xu X, Solid State Commun., 137, 391 (2006)
- Shin YK, Signal and System, p. 401, Intervision, Seoul (2009).