Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.31, No.8, 450-457, August, 2021
Relationship of the U-Factor and Chemical Structure with Applied Metal and Polymer Material Assembly in Curtain Wall Frame
From measured thermal conductivity and modeling by simulation, this study suggests that U-factors are highly related to materials used between steel and polymer. The objective and prospective point of this study are to relate the relationship between the U-factor and the thermal conductivity of the materials used. For the characterization, EDX, SEM, a thermal conductive meter, and computer simulation utility are used to analyze the elemental, surface structural properties, and U-factor with a simulation of the used material between steel and polymer. This study set out to divide the curtain wall system that makes up the envelope into an aluminum frame section and entrance frame section and interpret their thermal performance with U-factors. Based on the U-factor thermal analysis results, the target curtain wall system is divided into fix and vent types. The glass is 24 mm double glazing (6 mm common glass +12 mm Argon +6 mm Low E). The same U-factor of 1.45 W/m2·K is applied. The interpretation results show that the U-factor and total U-value of the aluminum frame section are 1.449 and 2.343 W/m2·K, respectively. Meanwhile, those of the entrance frame section are 1.449 and 2.
- Savic J, Xviii Anniversary International Scientific Conference By Construction And Architecture VSU'2018 (2018).
- KS F 2278, Test method of thermal transmittance for windows and doors, Korea Standard Association (2008).
- KS F 2295, Test method of dew condensation for windows and doors, Korea Standard Association (2004).
- The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, The Code for Energy-efficient Building Design (2018).
- ISO 10077-1: Thermal performance of windows, General. Geneva (2006).
- ISO 10077-2: Thermal performance of windows, Numerical method for frames. Geneva (2009).
- Hahn DW, Heat Conduction, 3rd ed., p. 128, Wiley, Hoboken, N.J., (2012).
- Saito S, Tsuchiya K, Kawamura H, Terai T, Tanaka S, J. Nucl. Mater., 253, 213 (1998)
- Hoshino T, Dokiya M, Terai T, Takahashi Y, Yamawaki M, Fusion Eng. Des., 61, 353 (2002)
- Zhao M, Ren X, Pan W, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 35, 1055 (2015)
- ISO 15099, Thermal performance of windows, doors and shading devices - Detailed calculations. Geneva (2003).
- ISO 28278-1:2011(EN), Supported and unsupported monolithic and multiple glazing (2011).
- ISO 10077-2 (EN), Numerical method for frames (2003).
- Park SY, Kim KS, Lee MK, Lim SD, Korean J. Food Sci. An., 33, 595 (2013)
- No ST, Jeong JW, Journal of KIAEBS, 5, 1 (2011).
- Leapage R, Energy Performance of Windows, 14th Canadian Conference on Building Science and Technology - Toronto, Ontario, 233 (2014).
- Kim SS, Cho BH, J. Korean Solar Energy, 33, 51 (2013)