Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, Vol.97, 390-401, May, 2021
Analysis of the influence of moisture and temperature control according to the combination of porous sediment and MPCM
Indoor finishing materials that can control the indoor environment through moisture control materials are being developed. Since humidity is affected by temperature, it is necessary to analyze a mixture of materials that affect temperature and materials that affect humidity. This study analyzed the effects of absorbent porous sediments (PAS) and micro-encapsulated phase change materials (MPCM) on the indoor environment and on each other's abilities. The effects of each other were compared by varying the mixing ratio of PAS and MPCM. Actually, as the content of PAS increased, it had a high latent heat of 7.939 J/g, and the Water vapor resistance factor increased as the amount of MPCM increased. It has proven to affect different abilities. However, since PAS and MPCM have an influence on each other, it does not have a better hygroscopicity control when PAS increases. Dynamic heat and moisture experiments have confirmed that it has an excellent ratio. The excellent ratio in this study was an interior finish with a ratio of 0.35:0.65 G and 10% MPCM to PAS.
Keywords:Porous material;Geological sediments;Phase change materials;Moisture buffer value;Moisture;Hygrothermal properties
- Khan H, Khan I, Binh TT, Energy Rep., 6, 859 (2020)
- Zhong H, Wang JJ, Jia HJ, Mu YF, Lv SL, Appl. Energy, 242, 403 (2019)
- Yao CQ, Kong XF, Lic YT, Du YX, Qia CY, Energy Conv. Manag., 155, 20 (2018)
- Rao Z, Wang S, Zhang Z, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev., 3136 (2012).
- Kong D, Liu H, Wu Y, Li B, Wei S, Yuan M, Build. Environ., 155, 298 (2019)
- Che WW, Tso CY, Sun L, Ip DYK, Lee H, Chao CYH, Lau AKH, Energy Build., 201, 202 (2019)
- Atthajariyakul S, Leephakpreeda T, Energy Build., 36(7), 720 (2004)
- Alahmer A, Omar MA, Mayyas A, Dongri S, Appl. Therm. Eng., 31(14-15), 2636 (2011)
- Sarbu I, Sebarchievici C, Energy Build. (2013).
- ASHRAE, Standard 55-2013 - Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy, (2013).
- Xia Y, Lin W, Gao W, Liu T, Li Q, Li A, Case Stud. Therm. Eng., 19, 100619 (2020)
- Wolkoff W, Int. J. Hyg. Environ. Health.
- Xu XG, Zhong ZW, Deng SM, Zhang XB, Energy Build., 162, 163 (2018)
- Zhang M, Qin M, Rode C, Chen Z, Appl. Therm. Eng., 124, 337 (2017)
- Qin M, Hou P, Wu Z. Wang J, Build. Environ., 169, 106581 (2020)
- Cascione V, Maskell D, Shea A, Walker P, Mani M, Constr. Build. Mater., 252, 119033 (2020)
- Ren Q, Zeng Z, Jiang Z, Chen Q, Constr. Build. Mater., 215, 224 (2019)
- Zhang L, Sang G, Han W, Sustain. Cities Soc., 55, 102070 (2020)
- Yoo J, Chang SJ, Lee J, Wi S, Kim S, J. Clean Prod., 213, 1217 (2019)
- Yang Y, Jiang J, Hou L, Lu Z, Li J, Wang J, Constr. Build. Mater., 254, 119226 (2020)
- Sharifi NP, Sakulich A, Energy Build., 103, 83 (2015)
- Benayache S, Alleg S, Mebrek A, Sunol JJ, Vacuum, 157, 136 (2018)
- Kurtay M, Gerengi H, Kocak Y, Chidiebere KA, Yildiz M, Constr. Build. Mater., 236, 117572 (2020)
- Xie N, Niu J, Zhong Y, Gao X, Zhang Z, Fang Y, Constr. Build. Mater., 259, 119714 (2020)
- Hu ZB, Zheng SL, Jia MZ, Dong XB, Sun ZM, Adv. Powder Technol., 28(5), 1372 (2017)
- Abdullah AH, Mat R, Somderam S, Aziz ASA, Mohamed A, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 65, 334 (2018)
- Wijesinghe DTN, Dassanayake KB, Sommer SG, Jayasinghe GY, Scales PJ, Chen D, Am J. Environ. Sci. Heal. A: Toxic Hazard. Subst. Environ. Eng. 51 (8), 614 (2016).
- Arici M, Bilgin F, Nizetic S, Karabay H, Appl. Therm. Eng., 165, 114560 (2020)
- Lee JK, Wi SH, Yun BY, Chang SJ, Kim SM, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 70, 281 (2019)
- Jeong SG, Chang SJ, Wi S, Lee J, Kim S, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 51, 237 (2017)
- Zhang X, Wang X, Zhong C, Liu Q, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 85, 208 (2020)
- Li M, Shi J, Constr. Build. Mater., 194, 287 (2019)
- ISO , International Organization for Standardization, 1 2001.
- Rode C, Moisture Buffering of Building Materials, Department of Civil Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, 2005.
- Dubois S, McGregor F, Lebeau F, Evrard A, Heath A, Build. Environ., 81, 192 (2014)
- Kreiger BK, Srubar WV, Energy Build. (2019).
- Sedai BR, Alavi SH, Harimkar SP, McCollum M, Donoghue JF, Blum FD, Appl. Surf. Sci., 416, 947 (2017)
- Feng X, Qin M, Cui S, Rode C, Build. Environ, 145, 234 (2018)
- Park JH, Kang YJ, Lee J, Wi S, Chang JD, Kim S, Energy Build., 183, 803 (2019)
- Hussain A, Calabria-Holley J, Lawrence M, Jiang Y, Constr. Build. Mater., 212, 561 (2019)