Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.31, No.2, 84-91, February, 2021
x-HEV용 AGM 연축전지/EDLC 통합모듈의 성능 및 충방전 거동
Charging-Discharging Behavior and Performance of AGM Lead Acid Battery/EDLC Module for x-HEV
To cope with automobile exhaust gas regulations, ISG and charging control systems are applied to HEV vehicles for the purpose of improving fuel economy. These systems require quick charge-discharge performance of high current. Therefore, a Module of the AGM battery with high energy density and EDLC(Electric Double Layer Capacitor) with high power density are constructed to study the charging and discharging behavior. In CCA, which evaluates the starting performance at -18 °C & 30 °C with high current, EDLC contributed for about 8 sec at the beginning. At 0 °C CA (Charge Acceptance), the initial Charging current of the AGM/EDLC Module, is twice that of the AGM lead acid battery. To play the role of EDLC during high-current rapid charging and discharging, the condition of the AGM lead-acid battery is optimally maintained. As a result of a Standard of Battery Association of Japan (SBA) S0101 test, the service life of the Module of the AGM Lead Acid Battery/EDLC is found to improve by 2 times compared to that of the AGM Lead Acid Battery.
- Kawajiri K, Kobayashi M, Sakamoto K, J. Clean Prod., 253, 119805 (2020)
- Yu J, Kim S, Gwon C, Bang J, US Patent Application Publication, US2012/0133500 A1 (2012).
- Zhang SK, Zhang H, Cheng J, Zhang WF, Cao GP, Zhao HL, Yang YS, J. Power Sources, 334, 31 (2016)
- Ebner E, Burow D, Borger A, Wark M, Atanassova P, Valenciano J, J. Power Sources, 239, 483 (2013)
- Sugumaran N, Everill P, Swogger SW, Dubey DP, J. Power Sources, 279, 281 (2015)
- Moncada A, Piazza S, Sunseri C, Inguanta R, J. Power Sources, 275, 181 (2015)
- Foudia M, Matrakova M, Zerroual L, J. Power Sources, 279, 146 (2015)
- Deyab MA, J. Power Sources, 390, 176 (2018)
- Fernandez M, Valenciano J, Trinidad F, Munoz N, J. Power Sources, 195(14), 4458 (2010)
- Park J, Kwon M, Choi S, Trans. Korean Inst. Power Electron., 21, 19 (2016)
- Kotz R, Carlen M, Electrochim. Acta, 45(15-16), 2483 (2000)
- Furukawa J, Takada T, Monma D, Lam LT, J. Power Sources, 195(4), 1241 (2010)