Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.30, No.5, 262-266, May, 2020
N형 양면 수광 태양전지를 위한 레이저 공정의 후면 패시베이션 적층 구조 영향성
Effect of Laser Ablation on Rear Passivation Stack for N-type Bifacial Solar Cell Application
In this paper, we investigated the effect of the passivation stack with Al2O3, hydrogenated silicon nitride (SiNx:H) stack and Al2O3, silicon oxynitride (SiONx) stack in the n type bifacial solar cell on monocrystalline silicon. SiNx:H and SiONx films were deposited by plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition on the Al2O3 thin film deposited by thermal atomic layer deposition. We focus on passivation properties of the two stack structure after laser ablation process in order to improve bifaciality of the cell. Our results showed SiNx:H with Al2O3 stack is 10 mV higher in implied open circuit voltage and 60 μs higher in minority carrier lifetime than SiONx with Al2O3 stack at Ni silicide formation temperature for 1.8% open area ratio. This can be explained by hydrogen passivation at the Al2O3/Si interface and Al2O3 layer of laser damaged area during annealing.
- Rudiger M, Fischer S, Frank J, Ivaturi A, Richards BS, Kramer KW, Hermle M, Goldschmidt JC, Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells, 128, 57 (2014)
- Zhang C, Shen H, Sun L, Yang J, Wu S, Lu W, Energies, 13, 1388 (2020)
- Raghuwanshi M, Laterne A, Perchec JL, Pareige P, Cadel E, Gall S, Duguay S, Prog. Photovoltaics, 23, 1724 (2015)
- Dysch D, Mette A, Filipovic A, Glunz SW, Prog. Photovoltaics, 17, 101 (2009)
- Mulligan WP, Rose DH, Cudzinovic MJ, DMD, Mulligan WP, Rose DH, Cudzinovic MJ, Ceuster DMD, Mcintosh KR, Smith DD, Swanson RM, in Proc., 19th EPVSEC, p.387 (2004).
- Hubner A, Aberle AG, Hezel T, Appl. Phys. Lett., 70, 1008 (1997)
- Hezel R, Prog. Photovoltaics, 11, 549 (2003)
- Cho KH, Cho YJ, Chang HS, Kim KJ, Song HE, J. Korean Phys. Soc., 67, 995 (2015)
- Cho KH, Cho YJ, Chang HS, J. Koran Ceram. Soc., 51, 197 (2014)
- Jeong MS, Choi SJ, Chang HS, Lee JI, Kang MG, Kim DH, Song HE, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 55 (2016)
- Kim GM, Cho YJ, Chang HS, Korean J. Mater. Res., 29(4), 228 (2019)
- Schmidt J, Merkle A, Brendel R, Hoex B, van de Sanden MCM, Kessels WMM, Prog. Photovoltaics, 16, 461 (2008)
- Jaffrennou P, Szlufcik, Proceedings of the 26th World Conference and Exhibition on Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conversion (2011).
- Zhao FF, Zheng JZ, Shen ZX, Osipowicz T, Gao WZ, Chan LH, Microelectron. Eng., 71, 104 (2004)
- Dupuis J, Fourmond E, Lelievre JF, Ballutaud D, Lemiti M, Thin Solid Films, 516(20), 6954 (2008)
- Alayo MI, Pereyra I, Scopel WL, Fantini MCA, Thin Solid Films, 402(1-2), 154 (2002)