Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.30, No.5, 246-251, May, 2020
냉간압연된 Al-6.5Mg-1.5Zn-0.5Fe-0.5Mn계 합금의 미세조직 및 기계적 특성
Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of a Cold-Rolled Al-6.5Mg-1.5Zn-0.5Fe-0.5Mn System Alloy
The annealing characteristics of cold-rolled Al-6.5Mg-1.5Zn-0.5Fe-0.5Mn alloy, newly designed as an automobile material, are investigated in detail, and compared with those of other aluminum alloys. Using multi-pass rolling at room temperature, the ingot aluminum alloy is cut to a thickness of 4 mm, width of 30 mm, and length of 100 mm to reduce the thickness to 1 mm (r = 75 %). Annealing after rolling is performed at various temperatures ranging from 200 to 500 °C for 1 hour. The specimens annealed at temperatures up to 300 °C show a deformation structure; however, from 350 °C they have a recrystallization structure consisting of almost equiaxed grains. The hardness distribution in the thickness direction of the annealed specimens is homogeneous at all annealing temperatures, and their average hardness decreases with increasing annealing temperature. The tensile strength of the as-rolled specimen shows a high value of 496 MPa; however, this value decreases with increasing annealing temperature and becomes 338MPa after annealing at 400 °C. These mechanical properties of the specimens are compared with those of other aluminum alloys, including commercial 5xxx system alloys.
- Guo S, Xu Y, Han Y, Liu J, Xue G, Nagaumi H, Trans. Nonferrous Met. Soc. China, 24, 2393 (2014)
- Fan X, He Z, Zhou W, Yuan S, J. Mater. Process. Technol., 228, 179 (2016)
- Ding L, Weng Y, Wu S, Sansers RE, Jia Z, Liu Q, Mater. Sci. Eng. A-Struct. Mater. Prop. Microstruct. Process., 651, 991 (2016)
- Ahn MJ, You HS, Lee SH, Korean J. Mater. Res., 26(7), 388 (2016)
- Yang JH, Lee SH, Korean J. Mater. Res., 26(11), 628 (2016)
- Kim HW, Kang SB, Kang H, Nam KW, Korean J. Met. Mater., 37, 1041 (1999)
- Ko HS, Kang SB, Kim HW, Hong SH, Korean J. Met. Mater., 37, 650 (1999)
- Ko HS, Kang SB, Kim HW, Korean J. Met. Mater., 37, 891 (1999)
- Woo KD, Na HS, Mun HJ, Hwang IO, Korean J. Met. Mater., 38, 766 (2000)
- Woo KD, Hwang IO, Lee JS, Korean J. Met. Mater., 37, 1468 (1999)
- Park CW, Kim HY, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 36, 1675 (2012)
- Park NJ, Hwang JH, Roh JS, Korean J. Met. Mater., 47, 1 (2009)
- Yim CD, Kim YM, Park SH, You BS, Korean J. Met. Mater., 50, 619 (2012)
- Kim DH, Choi JM, Jo DH, Park IM, Korean J. Met. Mater., 52, 195 (2014)
- Kim EY, Cho JH, Kim HW, Choi SH, Korean J. Met. Mater., 51, 41 (2012)
- Oh SJ, Lee SH, Korean J. Mater. Res., 28(9), 534 (2018)
- Hwang JY, Lee SH, Korean J. Mater. Res., 29(6), 392 (2019)
- Humphreys FJ, Hatherly M, Recrystallization and Related Annealing Phenomena, 2nd ed., p.169, Elsevier Ltd, UK (2004).
- Japan Inst. of Light Metals, Microstructure and Properties of Aluminum Alloys, p.451, Japan (1991).
- Dieter GE, Mechanical Metallurgy, SI Metric Ed., p.71, McGraw-Hill Book Company, London (2001).