Polymer(Korea), Vol.44, No.2, 123-131, March, 2020
아크릴아마이드와 아크릴산을 이용한 Polypropylene Glycol Maleate Phthalate 기반 공중합체 합성
Polypropylene Glycol Maleate Phthalate Terpolymerization with Acrylamide and Acrylic Acid
The possibility of synthesizing new multifunctional terpolymers based on polypropylene glycol maleate phthalate with acrylamide and acrylic acid was shown. The basic laws of the process of radical terpolymerization in a dioxane medium were studied at various molar ratios of the reactants. The block length, transition probabilities, and Harwood block parameter of the terpolymers synthesized, which reflect information on the location of macroradicals in the chain, were calculated. The radical terpolymerization constants, indicating the possibility of copolymers to form structures with a free distribution of units, were calculated with the help of the Mayo-Lewis equation. The method of scanning electron microscopy was used to study the surface morphology of polymers and to evaluate the surface pore sizes. There were carried out investigations on the effect of pH of the medium and organic solvents on the degree of swelling of the samples studied. Using thermogravimetric analysis, the thermal decomposition of the synthesized terpolymer based on polypropylene glycol maleate phthalate with acrylamide and acrylic acid was studied. The features of mass loss and thermal transformations upon heating were revealed. It was found that the process of thermal degradation intensified in the range of 339-428 °С with the maximum weight loss of the sample ~78.64%.
Keywords:terpolymerization;unsaturated polyester;polypropylene glycol maleate phthalate;acrylic acid;acrylamide
- Kolyago GG, Struck VA, Materials based on unsaturated polyesters, Science and technic, Minsk, Belarus, 1990.
- Boenig HV, Unsaturated polyesters: structure and properties, Elsevier Publisher Company, New York, USA, 1964.
- Sedov LM, Mikhailova LV, Unsaturated polyesters, Chemistry, Moscow, USSR, 1972.
- Dholakiya BZ, Unsaturated polyestresinser resin for specialty application, Polyester, InTech, Cairo, Egypt, pp. 167-202 (2012).
- Sanchez EMS, Zavaglia CAC, Felisberti MI, Polymer, 41(2), 765 (2000)
- Sadler JM, Toulan FR, Palmese GR, La Scala JJ, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 132, 1 (2015)
- de A. Mesquita RG, da S. Cesar AA, Mendes RF, Mendes LM, Marconcini JM, Glenn G, Tonoli GHD, Polym. Environ., 25, 800 (2017)
- Burkeev MZ, Magzumova AK, Tazhbaev EM, Burkeeva GK, Kovaleva AK, Khamitova TO, Mataev MM, Russ. J. Appl. Chem., 86, 63 (2013)
- Burkeev MZ, Kovaleva AK, Tazhbaev EM, et al., Russ. J. Appl. Chem., 88, 314 (2015)
- Burkeev MZ, Sarsenbekova AZ, Figurinene SN, Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 91, 85 (2015)
- Peter SJ, Suggs LJ, Yaszemski MJ, Engel PS, Mikos AG, J. Biomater. Sci., Polym. Ed., 3, 363 (1999)
- Chapiro A, Dulieu J, Mankowski Z, Schmitt N, Eur. Polym. J., 25, 879 (1989)
- Galayev IY, Russ. Chem. Rev., 64, 471 (1995)
- Friedman HL, J. Polym. Sci., Part C, 6, 183 (1964)
- Peter SJ, Kim P, Yasko AW, Yaszemski MJ, Mikos AG, J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 3, 314 (1999)
- Zolotov YA, Dorokhova EN, Fadeeva VI, Physical and chemical methods of analysis, High School Moscow, Russian Federation, 2000.
- Ham GE, Copolymerization, Interscience New York, USA, 1964.
- Frikha M, Nouri H, Guessasma S, Roger F, Bradai C, J. Mater. Sci., 52(24), 13829 (2017)
- Ozawa TA, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., 38, 1881 (1965)
- Elyashevich GK, Bel`nikevih NG, Vesnebolotskaya SA, Polym. Sci. Ser. A, 51, 550 (2009)