Clean Technology, Vol.26, No.1, 55-64, March, 2020
100 MW급 Power-to-Gas 시스템의 사전 경제성 분석
The Economic Feasibility Analysis of 100-MW Power-to-Gas System
재생에너지 3020 이행계획에 따라 재생에너지 발전 비중 증가에 대비해 잉여전력 저장 및 전력 공급 안정화 기술 필요성이 대두되고 있다. 이를 위해 수요 공급의 불균형으로 활용할 수 없는 전력을 수소 또는 메탄으로 전환하여 저장하는 Power-to-Gas 기술 개발이 활발히 진행되고 있다. 본 연구에서는 국내 실정을 반영한 Power-to-Gas 경제성분석을 수행하였다. 균등화 수소원가를 산정하기 위하여 Total revenue requirement 방법론을 활용하여 경제성 분석 방법론을 재정립하고, 국제에너지기구의 경제성 분석 결과를 통해 검증하였다. 연구결과 국내 기준 100 MW급 Power-to-Gas 시스템 균등화 수소원가는 kg당 8,344원으로 나타났다. 전기 비용, 수전해 장비 비용, 작동 연한에 따른 민감도 분석이 수행되었고, 재생에너지 이용 수소 생산비용과 천연가스 개질 수소 생산비용을 비교하여 경제성을 확보할 수 있는 조건을 제시하였다.
According to the Korean Renewable Energy 3020 Implementation Plan, the installation capacity of renewable energy is expected to increase whereas technology for storing excess electricity and stabilizing the power supply of renewable energy sources is extremely required. Power-to-Gas is one of energy storage technologies where electricity is converted into gas fuel such as hydrogen and methane. Basically, Power-to-Gas system could be effectively utilized to store excess electricity generated by an imbalance between supply and demand. In this study, the economic feasibility analysis of Power-to-Gas reflecting the domestic situation was carried out. Total revenue requirement method was utilized to estimate the levelized cost of hydrogen. Validation on the economic analysis method in this study was conducted by comparison of the result, which is published by the International Energy Agency. The levelized cost of hydrogen of a 100-MW Power-to-Gas system reflecting the current economic status in Korea is 8,344 won kg-1. The sensitivity analysis was carried out, applying the main analysis economic factors such as electricity cost, electrolyser cost, and operating year. Based on the sensitivity analysis, the conditions for economic feasibility were suggested by comparing the cost of producing hydrogen using renewable energy with the cost of producing natural gas reformed hydrogen with carbon capture and storage.
- MOTEI, “Renewable Energy 3020 Implementation Plan,” Sejong (2017). http://www.motie.go.kr/motiee/presse/press2/bbs/bbsView.do?bbs_seq_n=159996&bbs_cd_n=81.
- IEA, “The Future of Hydrogen,” Paris (2019). https://www.iea.org/reports/the-future-of-hydrogen.
- MOTIE, “Hydrogen Economy Roadmap,” Sejong (2019). http://www.motie.go.kr/motie/ne/presse/press2/bbs/bbsView.do?bbs_seq_n=161262&bbs_cd_n=81¤tPage=1&search_key_n=&cate_n=&dept_v=&search_val_v=.
- IRENA, “Hydrogen: A Renewable Energy Perspective,” Abu Dhabi (2019).
- ENEA, “The Potential of Power-to-Gas,” Stockholm (2016). http://www.enea-consulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/ENEA-Consulting-The-potential-of-power-to-gas.pdf.
- Tomas D. Mertens D. Meeus M. Van. der LW, Francois I. “Power-to-Gas Roadmap for Flanders,” Brussels (2016).
- Agora Verkehrswende, “The Future Cost of Electricity-Based Synthetic Fuels,” Berlin (2018).
- Bejan M, Tsatsaronis A, Moran G, Thermal design and optimization, John Wiley & Sons, New York (1995).
- Ko A, Park S, Kim JY, Cha JM, J. Energy Eng., 27, 50 (2018)
- STATISTICS KOREA, Consumer Price Index, http://www.index.go.kr/potal/main/EachDtlPageDetail.do?idx_cd=1060 (accessed Feb. 16, 2019).
- KPX, System Marginal Cost, https://www.kpx.or.kr/www/contents.do?key=225 (accessed Dec. 16, 2019).
- STATISTICS KOREA, Exchange Rate, http://www.index.go.kr/potal/stts/idxMain/selectPoSttsIdxSearch.do?idx_cd=1068 (accessed Dec. 30, 2019).
- KISTI, STAR-VALUE, http://www.starvalue.or.kr/itechvalue/wsp/support/taxRate.jsp (accessed Dec. 30, 2019).
- IAE, “Status of Power System Transformation 2019: Power System Flexibility,” Paris (2019).
- E2news, Nuclear Power and Renewable Energy Remains in 2030, http://www.e2news.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=211220 (accessed Dec. 30, 2019).
- Hydrogenics, What can 3MW of power do for your business?,https://www.hydrogenics.com/wp-content/uploads/HyLYZER_600_3MW.pdf (accessed Dec. 30, 2019).
- Universal industrial Gases, Unit Conversion Data for Hydrogen, http://www.uigi.com/h2_conv.html (accessed Dec. 30, 2019).
- NREL, H2A: Hydrogen Analysis Production Case Studies, https://www.nrel.gov/hydrogen/h2a-production-case-studies.html (accessed Dec. 16, 2019).
- FLEXCHX, “Flexible Combined Production of Power, Heat and Transport Fuels from Renewable Energy Sources,” Espoo (2018).
- Glenk G, Reichelstein S, Nat. Energy, 4, 216 (2019)
- Jeong S, Choi NH, Moon C, Moon S, Lim H, Trans. Korean Hydrog. New Energy Soc., 28(3), 231 (2017)
- McKinsey & Company, “Hydrogen Roadmap - Korea,” New York (2018).