Macromolecular Research, Vol.27, No.12, 1179-1184, December, 2019
Curcumin Encapsulated Micellar Nanoplatform for Blue Light Emitting Diode Induced Apoptosis as a New Class of Cancer Therapy
Blue light emitting diode (BLED) were known to inhibit cancer proliferation and induced apoptotic cell death by increasing intracellular reactive oxygen species (ROS) and caspase activation. However, not many attempts were made to study the naturally occurring photosensitizer molecule (PS) curcuminoids (CUR) mediated blue light emitting diode induced photodynamic therapy (BLED-PDT). Here, we demonstrated the use of pluronic F127 nanoplatform as a novel BLED-PDT based system for anticancer therapy. Aqueous soluble F127-CUR was proven to significantly mediate BLED-PDT, we anticipate that F127-CUR combined with BLED to induce BLED-PDT could be a promising cancer treatment modality.
- Nat. Chem. Biol, 10, 483 (2014).
- Oh PS, Hwang H, Jeong HS, Kwon J, Kim HS, Kim M, Lim S, Sohn MH, Jeong HJ, Data Brief, 6, 630 (2016)
- Lundstrom JN, Boesveldt S, Albrecht J, ACS Chem. Neurosci., 2, 5 (2011)
- Tharmalingam N, Port J, Castillo D, Mylonakis E, Sci. Rep., 8, 3701 (2018)
- Tharmalingam N, Park M, Lee MH, Woo HJ, Kim HW, Yang JY, Rhee KJ, Kim JB, Am. J. Transl. Res., 8, 885 (2016)
- Nelson KM, Dahlin JL, Bisson J, Graham J, Pauli GF, Walters MA, J. Med. Chem., 60, 1620 (2017)
- Crivello JV, Bulut U, J. Polym. Sci. A: Polym. Chem., 43(21), 5217 (2005)
- Kitano H, Advances In Light-induced Polymerizations, II. Experimental and Modeling Studies of Photoinitiator Systems for Effective Polymerizations with LEDs, Doctor of Philosophy Thesis, University of Iowa, 2012.
- Crivello JV, J. Polym. Sci. A: Polym. Chem., 47(7), 1825 (2009)
- Burgos-Moron E, Calderon-Montano JM, Salvador J, Robles A, Lopez-Lazaro M, Int. J. Cancer, 126, 1771 (2010)
- Santezi C, Reina BD, Dovigo LN, Photodiagn. Photodyn., 21, 409 (2018)
- Pitto-Barry A, Barry PE, Polym. Chem., 5, 3290 (2014)
- Singh SVB, Kim JH, Park HY, Khang GS, Lee DW, Macromol. Res., 25(7), 749 (2017)
- Singh SVB, Jung E, Noh J, Yoo D, Kang C, Hyeon H, Kim GW, Khang G, Lee D, Nanomedicine, 16, 45 (2019)
- Singh SVB, Park HY, Khang GS, Lee DW, Macromol. Res., 26(1), 40 (2018)
- Huong LM, Doan DH, Tran THH, Vu DL, Nam NH, Tran THN, Dinh NL, Kim HC, Cuong LH, Le TTH, Trung TH, Thu HP, Adv. Nat. Sci. Nanosci., 7, 045019 (2016)
- Bhopate DP, Mahajan PG, Garadkar KM, Kolekar GB, Patil SR, New J. Chem., 39, 7086 (2015)
- Park K, Lee JH, Oncol. Rep., 17, 537 (2007)
- Chan WH, Wu HJ, J. Cell Biochem., 92, 200 (2004)