Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.29, No.11, 720-726, November, 2019
전도성 페이스트 도포량 변화에 따른 결정질 태양광 모듈의 전기적 특성에 대한 영향성 분석
Influence of the Amount of Conductive Paste on the Electrical Characteristics of c-Si Photovoltaic Module
Recently, research on cost reduction and efficiency improvement of crystalline silicon(c-Si) photovoltaic(PV) module has been conducted. In order to reduce costs, the thickness of solar cell wafers is becoming thinner. If the thickness of the wafer is reduced, cracking of wafer may occur in high temperature processes during the c-Si PV module manufacturing process. To solve this problem, a low temperature process has been proposed. Conductive paste(CP) is used for low temperature processing; it contains Sn57.6Bi0.4Ag component and can be electrically combined with solar cells and ribbons at a melting point of 150 °C. Use of CP in the PV module manufacturing process can minimize cracks of solar cells. When CP is applied to solar cells, the output varies with the amount of CP, and so the optimum amount of CP must be found. In this paper, in order to find the optimal CP application amount, we manufactured several c-Si PV modules with different CP amounts. The amount control of CP is fixed at air pressure (500 kPa) and nozzle diameter 22G(outer diameter 0.72Ø, inner 0.42Ø) of dispenser; only speed is controlled. The c-Si PV module output is measured to analyze the difference according to the amount of CP and analyzed by optical microscope and Alpha-step. As the result, the optimum amount of CP is 0.452 ~ 0.544 g on solar cells.
- Twidel J, Weir T, Renewable Energy Resources, 3rd, p.36, Routledge (2015).
- Philipps S, Warmuth W, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems, Freiburg, Germany (2019).
- Fischer M, PV Celltech Conference, Penang, Malaysia (2018).
- Song J, Nam Y, Park M, Yoo B, Cho J, Wehrspohn RB, Opt. Express, 24, 18 (2016)
- Petermann JH, Zielke D, Schmidt J, Haase F, Rojas EG, Brendel R, Prog. Photovolt. Res. Appl., 20, 1 (2012)
- Wang L ,Lochtefeld A, Han J, Gerger AP, Carroll M, Ji J, Lennon A, Li H, Opila R, Barnett A, IEEE J. Photovoltaics, 4, 1397 (2014)
- Kang GH, Yu GJ, Park KU, Han DY, Ahn HK, KIEE, p. 1365-1367 (2003).
- Gabor AM, Ralli M, Montminy S, Alegria L, Bordonaro C, Woods J, Felton L, 21st European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, p. 4-8 (2006).
- Jin GE, Song HJ, Go SW, Ju YC, Song HE, Chang HS, Kang GH, KSES, 37, 77 (2017)
- Yoon HS, Song HJ, Kang MG, Cho HS, Go SW, Ju YC, Chang HS, Kang GH, KJMR, 28, 528 (2018)