Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.29, No.7, 425-431, July, 2019
표면 소수화 처리를 통한 도자타일 과립 분말의 유동 특성
Effect of Hydrophobic Surface Coating on Flowability of Ceramic Tile Granule Powders
Generally, ceramic tiles for building construction are manufactured by dry forming process using granular powders prepared by spray drying process after mixing and grinding of mineral raw materials. In recent years, as the demand for large ceramic tiles with natural texture has increased, the development of granule powders with high packing ratio and excellent flowability has become more important. In this study, ceramic tile granule powders are coated with hydrophobically treated silica nanoparticles. The effects of hydrophobic silica coating on the flowability of granule powders and the strength of the green body are investigated in detail. Silica nanoparticles are hydrophobically treated with GPTMS(3-glycidoxypropyl trimethoxy silane), which is an epoxy-based silane coupling agent. As the coating concentration increases, the angle of repose and the compressibility decrease. The tap density and flowability index increase after silica coating treatment. These results indicate that hydrophobic treatment can improve the flowability of the granular powder, and prevent cracking of green body at high pressure molding.
- Dondi M, Raimondo M, Zanelli C, Appl. Clay Sci., 96, 91 (2014)
- Soldati R, Zanelli C, Guarini G, Fazio S, Bignozzi MC, Dondi M, J. European Ceram. Soc., 38, 4118 (2018)
- Perez JM, Pomero M, Ceram. Int., 40, 1365 (2014)
- Melchiades FG, Santos LR, Nastri S, Boschi AO, In Proceedings of the Qualicer, p.1 (2012).
- Amoros JL, Cantavella V, Jarque JC, Feliu C, J. European Ceram. Soc., 28, 2823 (2008)
- Shu Z, Garcia-Ten J, Monfort E, Amoros JL, Wang YX, Ceram. Int., 38, 517 (2012)
- Mori T, Imazeki H, Yamamoto K, Tsuchiya K, Ceram. Int., 43, 11170 (2017)
- Ramavath P, Swathi M, Suresh MB, Johnson R, Adv. Powder Technol., 24(3), 667 (2013)
- Mahdjoub H, Roy P, Filiatre C, Bertrand G, Coddet C, J. European Ceram. Soc., 23, 1637 (2003)
- Bertrand G, Roy P, Filiatre C, Coddet C, Chem. Eng. Sci., 60(1), 95 (2005)
- Jeong SB, Hyun JY, Chae YB, J. Korean Soc. Geosystem Eng., 41, 490 (2004)
- Choi JH, Kang ET, Lee JW, Kim US, Cho WS, J. Ceram. Process. Res., 19, 43 (2018)
- Park SJ, Youn KS, Korean J. Food Preserv., 15, 332 (2008)
- Pusapati RT, Rao TV, Indian J. Res. Pharm. Biotechnol., 2, 1360 (2014)
- Kim JH, Oh JM, Khang GS, Jeong JK, Lee JS, Jeung SY, Lee HB, J. Korean Pharm. Sci., 32, 277 (2002)
- Henkes VE, Onoda GY, Carty W, Science of Whitewares, p.112, Wiley (1996).
- Lin CS, Lin ST, J. Mater. Process Tech., 201, 657 (2008)
- Nampi PP, Kume S, Hotta Y, Watari K, Itoh M, Toda H, Matsutani A, Ceram. Int., 37, 7245 (2014)
- Jung JH, MS.D. Thesis (in Korean), p.50, Mokpo National Univ., Mokpo (2017).
- Carr RL, Chem. Eng., 72, 163 (1965)
- Yoo BR, Jung DE, Polym. Sci. Technol., 20, 124 (2009)