Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.29, No.6, 378-384, June, 2019
송전선로 ACSR 케이블의 산화에 따른 결빙 특성 평가
Evaluation of Ice Adhesion Strength on the Oxidation of Transmission Line ACSR Cable
Ice accumulation on Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced(ACSR) cable during winter is an important matter in terms of safety, economy, and efficient power supply. In this work, the ice adhesion strengths of ACSR cable oxidized during different periods(7 years oxidized and 15 years oxidized) are evaluated. At first, a plate type dry oxidation standard specimen, whose surface characteristics are similar to those of ACSR cable, is prepared. Dry oxidation standard specimens are heat-treated at 500 °C for 20, 60, and 120 minutes in order to obtain different degrees of oxidation. After the dry oxidation, surface properties are analyzed using contact angle analyzer, atomic force microscopy, spectrophotometer, and gloss meter. The ice adhesion strengths are measured using an ice pull-off tester. Correlations between the surface properties and the ice adhesion strength are obtained through a regression analysis indicating a Boltzmann equation. It is revealed that the ice adhesion strength of 15- year oxidized ACSR cable is approximately 8 times higher than that of ACSR-bare.
- Fikke SM, Kristjansson JE, Nygaard BEK, Atmospheric Icing of Power Networks, p.2, M. Farzaneh, Springer Science & Business Media, Germany (2008).
- Lee JH, Jung HY, Koo JR, Yoon YJ, Jung HJ, J. Electr. Eng. Technol., 12, 969 (2017)
- Larforte JL, Allaire MA, Laflamme J, Atmos. Res., 46, 143 (1998)
- Zhu KJ, Fu DJ, Wang JC, Sun N, Electrical Equipment, 6, 969 (2008)
- Kim WK, Cho SJ, Shim JH, The Korean Inst. of Electr. Eng., 36, 673 (2005).
- Ayres J, Simendinger WH, Balik CM, J. Coat. Technol. Res., 4, 463 (2007)
- Tak Y, Kang J, Choi J, J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 17(4), 335 (2006)
- Azevedo CRF, Cescon T, Eng. Failure Anal., 9, 645 (2002)
- Zhang JK, Chen GH, Wang JQ, Corros. Prot., 31, 581 (2010)
- Zhang JK, Chen GH, Wang JQ, Chin. J. Nonferrous Met., 21, 411 (2011)
- Cao LL, Jones AK, Sikka VK, Wu JZ, Gao D, Langmuir, 25(21), 12444 (2009)
- Bharathidasan T, Kumar SV, Bobji MS, Chakradhar RPS, Basu BJ, Appl. Surf. Sci., 314, 241 (2014)
- Chen J, Liu J, He M, Li K, Cui D, Zhang Q, Zeng X, Zhang Y, Wang J, Song Y, Appl. Phys. Lett., 101, 111603 (2012)
- Kulinich SA, Farhadi S, Nose K, Du XW, Langmuir, 27(1), 25 (2011)
- Schrader ME, Langmuir, 11(9), 3585 (1995)