Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.28, No.12, 763-768, December, 2018
슬래그 재활용 원료를 이용한 유리섬유 제조 및 특성
Properties and Fabrication of Glass Fiber using Recycled Slag Materials
In this study, glass fibers are fabricated via a continuous spinning process using manganese slag, steel slag, and silica stone. To fabricate the glass fibers, raw materials are put into an alumina crucible, melted at 1550 °C for 2 hrs, and then annealed at 600 °C for 2 hrs. We obtain a black colored glass. We identify the non-crystalline nature of the glass using an XRD(x-ray diffractometer) graph. An adaptable temperature for spinning of the bulk marble glass is characterized using a high temperature viscometer. Spinning is carried out using direct melting spinning equipment as a function of the fiberizing temperature in the range of 1109 °C to 1166 °C, while the winder speed is in the range of 100rpm to 250rpm. We investigate the various properties of glass fibers. The average diameters of the glass fibers are measured by optical microscope and FE-SEM. The average diameter of the glass fibers is 73 μm at 100rpm, 65 μm at 150rpm, 55 μm at 200rpm, and 45 μm at 250rpm. The mechanical properties of the fibers are confirmed using a UTM(Universal materials testing machine). The average tensile strength of the glass fibers is 21MPa at 100rpm, 31MPa at 150rpm, 34MPa at 200rpm, and 45MPa at 250rpm.
- Lee TH, KIM SJ, Korean J. Met. Mater., 35, 1146 (1997)
- Lim JH, Lee SW, Korean J. Met. Mater., 41, 102 (2004)
- Min DJ, Korean J. Met. Mater., 33, 1205 (1995)
- Tomiokan F, Suito H: Testzu-to-Hagane, 260 (1992).
- Wallenberger FT, Naslain R, Machesney JB, Ackler HD, Advanced Inorganic Fibers p. 149 Netherlands (2000).
- Wallenberger FT, Naslain R, Machesney JB, Ackler HD, Advanced Inorganic Fibers, Aplications, p. 93 Netherlands (2000).
- Kim BH, Glass Technology, Chungmungak, 3, p. 431, Chungmungak Korea (2009).
- Iba H, Kagawa Y, Compos. Sci. Technol., 62, 2042 (2002)
- Wallenberger FT, Naslain R, Machesney JB, Ackler HD, Advanced Inorganic Fibers: Aplications, p. 132, Netherlands (2000).
- Zheng Q, Mauro JC, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 100, 7 (2017)
- Lee JS, Kim JH, Korean. J. Mater. Res., 27, 45 (2017)
- Weinberg MC, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 48, 269 (1991)
- Ray CS, Fang XY, Day DE, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 83(4), 865 (2000)
- Kim TS, Kil DS, June HS, Kang EH, Yoon SS, Anal. Sci. Technol., 13, 775 (2000)
- Kim BH, Glass technology, Chungmungak, 3, p. 393, Chungmungak Korea (2009).