Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.28, No.12, 702-708, December, 2018
API X70 라인파이프 강재의 변형 시효 특성에 미치는 미세조직의 영향
Effect of Microstructure on the Strain Aging Properties of API X70 Pipeline Steels
This study deals with the effect of microstructure factors on the strain aging properties of API X70 pipeline steels with different microstructure fractions and grain sizes. The grain size and microstructure fraction of the API pipeline steels are analyzed by optical and scanning electron microscopy and electron backscatter diffraction analysis. Tensile tests before and after 1% pre-strain and thermal aging treatment are conducted to simulate pipe forming and coating processes. All the steels are composed mostly of polygonal ferrite, acicular ferrite, granular bainite, and bainitic ferrite. After 1% pre-strain and thermal aging treatment, the tensile test results reveal that yield strength, tensile strength and yield ratio increase, while uniform elongation decreases with an increasing thermal aging temperature. The increment of yield and tensile strengths are affected by the fraction of bainitic ferrite with high dislocation density because the mobility of dislocations is inhibited by interaction between interstitial atoms and dislocations in bainitic ferrite. On the other hand, the variation of yield ratio and uniform elongation is the smallest in the steel with the largest grain size because of the decrease in the grain boundary area for dislocation pile-ups and the presence of many dislocations inside large grains after 1% pre-strain.
- Lee SI, Lee SW, Lee SG, Lee S, Jung HG, Hwang B, Korean J. Met. Mater., 56, 413 (2018)
- Hwang B, Shim JH, Lee MG, Lee J, Jung JH, Kim BS, Won SB, Korean J. Met. Mater, 54, 862 (2016)
- Sung HK, Lee DH, Lee S, Kim HS, Ro Y, Lee CS, Hwang B, Shin SY, Metall. Mater. Trans. A-Phys. Metall. Mater. Sci., 47, 2726 (2016)
- Han SY, Sohn SS, Shin SY, Bae J, Kim HS, Lee S, Mater. Sci. Eng. A-Struct. Mater. Prop. Microstruct. Process., 551, 192 (2012)
- Miao J, Wang Q, Met. Mater. Int, 22, 797 (2016)
- Sung HK, Lee DH, Shin SY, Lee S, Yoo JY, Hwang B, Mater. Sci. Eng. A-Struct. Mater. Prop. Microstruct. Process., 624, 14 (2015)
- Liu B, Liu XJ, Zhang H, J. Loss Prev. Process Ind., 22(6), 884 (2009)
- Lee SI, Hong TW, Hwang BC, Korean J. Mater. Res., 27(11), 636 (2017)
- Sung HK, Lee DH, Shin SY, Lee S, Ro Y, Lee CS, Hwang B, Metall. Mater. Trans. A-Phys. Metall. Mater. Sci., 46, 3989 (2015)
- Sung HK, Lee S, Shin SY, Metall. Mater. Trans. A-Phys. Metall. Mater. Sci., 45, 2004 (2014)
- API Specification 5L, Specification for Line Pipe, 43th Edition, p.9, American Petroleum Institute, USA (2004).
- Lee SW, Lee SI, Hwang BC, Korean J. Mater. Res., 27(10), 524 (2017)
- Dieter GE, Mechanical Metallurgy (SI Metric Edition), p. 188, McGraw-Hill, USA (1988).
- Waterschoot T, De AK, Vandeputte S, De Cooman BC, Metall. Mater. Trans. A-Phys. Metall. Mater. Sci., 34, 781 (2003)
- Van Den Beukel A, Kocks UF, Acta Mater., 30, 1027 (1982)
- McLellan RB, Wasz ML, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 54, 583 (1993)