Korean Chemical Engineering Research, Vol.56, No.6, 832-840, December, 2018
한약재의 벤조피렌 함량 및 추출물에서의 이행률에 대한 연구
Study on Benzo(a)pyran Content and its Transfer Ratio in Extracts of Medicinal Herbs
본 연구에서는 건조하기 어려운 원료한약재 5 품목(총 50 건)을 대상으로 벤조피렌 함량 및 물 추출물과 연조엑스 제조단계에서의 벤조피렌의 이행률을 HPLC/FLD로 측정하였다. 벤조피렌의 검량선은 3~40 ng/mL의 농도 범위에서 상관계수(R2)가 1.000으로서 우수한 상관관계를 나타내었다. 원료한약재의 벤조피렌 검출 범위는 불검출~37.54 μg/kg이고, 검출평균은 6.73 μg/kg이었다. 그 중에서 식품의약품안전처의 고시(2009-302호) 기준인 5 μg/kg 이상 검출된 시료는 15건(30%)이었다. 특히 황련의 벤조피렌 함량은 37.54 μg/kg으로서 가장 높았다. 물 추출물, 연조엑스 및 물 추출 후 찌꺼기에서 벤조피렌의 검출 범위는 각각 불검출~2.31 μg/kg, 불검출~2.28 μg/kg 및 2.18~21.91 μg/kg으로 분석되었다. 물 추출물(탕제)와 연조엑스의 제조에서 벤조피렌은 이행되지 않거나, 특히, 현삼에서 물 추출물과 연조엑스의 경우에 각각 최대 8.9%와 최대 9.8%의 이행률을 보였다. 따라서 원료한약재에 비해 물 추출물 및 연조엑스에서 벤조피렌 함량이 각각 90.0% 이상까지 감소하였다.
In this study, both of the concentration of benzo(a)pyrene in 5 species (total 50 samples) of medicinal herbs and their transfer ratios in the preparation steps of water extract(decoction) and soft extract, were measured by HPLC/ FLD. The calibration curve of benzo(a)pyrene shows excellent correlation over the concentration range of 3~40 ng/mL with the correlation coefficient (R2) of 1.000. The detected benzo(a)pyrene concentrations from the medicinal herbs ranged from non-detection to 37.54 μg/kg, and their average was 6.73 μg/kg. Among the total samples, 15 samples (i.e., 30%) exceeded the limit of herbal medicine benzo(a)pyrene criteria (i.e., 5 μg/kg) according to the notification No. 2009-302 from Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. In particular, the concentration of benzo(a)pyrene in Coptidis Rhizome was turned out to be the highest of 37.54 μg/kg. The detected benzo(a)pyrene concentrations from water extract(decoction), soft extract and remnant after boiling, ranged from non-detection to 2.31 μg/kg, non-detection to 2.28 μg/kg, and 2.18 to 21.91 μg/kg, respectively. In preparation of water extract(decoction) and soft extract, transferred benzo(a)pyrene was not detected or, if transferred, the maximal transfer ratios of benzo(a)pyrene were shown to be 8.9% and 9.8%, respectively. Therefore, the content of benzo(a)pyrene in the samples of herbal medicine used in this study, were reduced by more than 90% in preparation steps of water extract (decoction) and soft extract.
- Park HM, Choi KH, Jung JY, Lee SD, Kor. J. Env. Health, 32(2), 186 (2006)
- Park MK, Kim SY, Hwang HU, J. Environ. Sci., 13(2), 1117 (2004)
- Jo HY, Jeon JS, Kim BH, Cho SH, Park SH, Kim YS, Yoon NH, J. Food Hyg. Saf., 26(3), 266 (2011)
- Korean pharmacopoeia, 11th edition, Notification No. 2017-63, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea(2017).
- Kim JS, Lee NH, Lee YS, Yun S, “Pre-planning study for the Risk Assessment of Herbal Medicines,” Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Korea(2014).
- Mumtaz M, George J, Toxicological Profile for Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs), (1995).
- Arey J, Beland FA, IARC Monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans, 92, International Agency for Research on Cancer, France(2010).
- Guillen MD, Food Additives Contaminants, 11(6), 669 (1994)
- Djinovic J, Popovic A, Jira W, Meat Science, 80(2), 449 (2008)
- Guideline on the use of the CTD format in the preparation of a registration application for traditional herbal medicinal product, Korea(2016).
- Herbal medicine benzo(a)pyrene criteria and its analysis method, Notification No. 2009-13, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea(2009).
- Herbal medicine benzo(a)pyrene criteria and its analysis method, Notification No. 2009-302, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea(2009).
- Wilsom RL, Chromatography, Wiley Press, New York(2011).
- Kim JI, Choi DY, Row KH, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 20(3), 538 (2003)
- Park SM, Ko KY, Kim IH, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 53(6), 717 (2015)
- Yoon CW, Bok HS, Choi DK, Row KH, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 50(3), 545 (2012)
- Lee KJ, Cho DY, Row KH, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 41, 612 (2003)
- Cho YH, Song KY, Baek MK, Lee JW, Lee GW, Yakhak Hoeji, 56(3), 145 (2012)
- Hu SJ, Jin SH, Choi DM, J. Food Hyg. Saf., 23(1), 26 (2008)
- Kim YK, Park WH, Kim EH, Lee CY, Jeong HJ, Han EJ, Kim JG, Jeong YK, Kim JH, Report of S.I.H.E., 51, 127 (2015)
- Kim T, Nho HJ, Jun SH, Kim KB, Kim D, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 48(6), 690 (2010)
- Park CE, Park CH, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 51(5), 591 (2013)
- Baek WS, Kim KH, Shin SH, Lee J, “The Monitoring of Benzo(a)pyrene’s Content on the Herbal Medicines,” Report 1475004098, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea(2009).
- Lee SD, Lee YK Kim MS, Park SK, Kim YS, Chae YZ, J. Food Hyg. Saf., 27(4), 375 (2012)
- Lee SD, Park HM, Lee JC, Kook YB, J. Korean Oriental Med., 24(2), 59 (2003)
- Kim NJ, Sim SB. Ryu JW, Kim JW, Hong ND, J. Kyung Hee University, 12(2), 158 (1996)
- Choi JG, “Research of Benzo(a)pyrene Analysis Method Verification and Improvement by Herbal Medicine,” Report 1475005600, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea(2010).
- Kim DH, Park JY, Kim EK, Cho CH, Kim JY, Lee JH, Hyeon SY, Kim SH, Lee DJ, Lee YJ, National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation, Korea(2010).
- National standard of traditional medicinal(herbal and botanical) materials, Notification No. 2009-85, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea(2017).
- Kang SJ, Lee JP, Kang IH, Kim YH, Yoon CY, Baek JH, Oh SW, Lee HY, Kim JS, Lee PH, Ki HA, Lee EP, inistry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea(2009).
- Therapeutic products programme guideline (Q2B), “Validation of analytical procedures: Methodology,” Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (1999).
- Fismes J, Perrin-Ganier C, Empereur-Biosoonnet P, Morel JL, J. Environ. Qual., 31, 1649 (2002)
- Tao S, Cui YH, Xu FL, Cao J, Liu WX, Schmitt G, Wang XJ, Shen WR, Quing BP, Sun R, Sci. Total Environ., 320(1), 11 (2004)
- Khan S, Aijun L, Zhang SZ, Hu QH, Zhu YG, J. Hazard. Mater., 152(2), 506 (2008)
- Jo SA, Kim SJ, Kim NH, Jung SJ, Kim HS, Kim KS, Han KY, Chae YJ, Report of S. I. H. E., 47, 94 (2011)
- Lee SR, Kim AK, Kim SD, Lee HK, Lee HJ, Ryu HJ, Lee JM, Yu IS, Jung K, Kor. J. Pharmacogn., 48(3), 237 (2017)
- Lee MY, Jung SM, Lee GW, J. Digital Convergence, 10(7), 201 (2012)
- Kim GY, “A Research of the Manufacturing Process of Herbal Medicine,” Report 1475007560, Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Korea(2014).
- Ahn TJ, Ahn YS, Hur M, Park CG, Kim YG, Report PJ007594, Rural Development Administration, Korea(2013).