Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol.35, No.6, 1240-1246, June, 2018
Development of batch proportional-integral-derivative controller
Previous batch control methods, such as iterative learning control (ILC) or run-to-run (R2R) control, can significantly improve the control performance of the batch process. However, to guarantee the expected good control performance, a fairly accurate process model is required for these controllers. Also, the implementation is numerically complicated so that it is difficult to be applied to real manufacturing processes. To overcome these problems, a new batch proportional-integral-derivative (PID) control method is proposed, which borrows the concept of the conventional PID control method. Simulation studies confirm that the proposed method shows acceptable performance in tracking a setpoint trajectory, rejecting disturbances, and robustness to noises and variation of process dynamics. The application to the commercial batch process of a single crystal grower verifies that the proposed method can significantly contribute to improving the control performances of real batch processes.
Keywords:Batch Process;Batch Controller;Batch PID Controller;Feed Forward Controller;Czochralski Process
- Wang YQ, Gao FR, Doyle FJ, J. Process Control, 19(10), 1589 (2009)
- Del Castillo E, Hurwitz AM, J. Qual. Technol., 29, 184 (1997)
- Ahn HS, Chen Y, Moore KL, IEEE Trans. Syst. Man. Cybern. C Appl. Rev., 37, 1099 (2007)
- Yu D, Zhu Y, Yang K, Hu C, Li M, Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. I J. Syst. Control Eng., 228, 658 (2014)
- Lee KS, Lee JH, J. Process Control, 13(7), 607 (2003)
- Sachs E, Guo RS, Ha S, Hu A, IEEE Trans. Semicond. Manuf., 4, 134 (1991)
- Edgar TF, Campbell WJ, Bode C, Proceedings of the 38th IEEE Conference, 4, 4185 (1999)
- Lee KS, Bang SH, Chang KS, J. Process Control, 4, 77 (1994)
- Chin I, Qin SJ, Lee KS, Cho M, Automatica, 40(11), 1913 (2004)
- Lu JY, Cao ZX, Wang Z, Gao FR, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 54(21), 5683 (2015)
- Oh SK, Lee JM, J. Chem. Eng. Jpn., 50(6), 415 (2017)
- Sung SW, Lee J, Lee IB, Process identification and PID control, John Wiley & Sons (2009).
- Franklin GF, Powell JD, Workman WL, Digital control of dynamic systems (Vol. 3), CA: Addison-Wesley (1998).
- Lee KS, Kim WC, Lee JH, J. Inst. Control, Robotics Systems, 2, 148 (1996)