Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.28, No.4, 254-259, April, 2018
저유전율을 가지는 D-Glass Fiber의 제조 및 특성
Fabrication and Properties of D-Glass Fiber with Low Dielectric Constant
General D-glass(Dielectric glass) fibers are adaptable to PCBs(Printed circuit boards) because they have a low dielectric constant of about 3.5~4.5. However, very few papers have appeared on the physical characteristics of D-glass fibers. D-glass fibers were fabricated via continuous spinning process using bulk D-glass. In order to fabricate the D-glass, raw materials were put into a Pt crucible, melted at 1650 °Cfor 2 hrs, and then annealed at 521 ± 10 °C for 2 hrs. We obtained transparent clear glass. The transmittance and adaptable temperature for spinning of the bulk marble glass were characterized using a UV-visible spectrometer and a viscometer. Continuous spinning was carried out using direct melting spinning equipment as a function of the fiberizing temperature in the range of 1368 °C to 1460 °C, while the winder speed was between 100 rpm and 200 rpm. We investigated the physical properties of the D-glass fibers. The average diameters of the glass fibers were measured by optical microscope and FE-SEM. The average diameters of the D-glass fibers were 21.36 um at 100 rpm and 34.06 um at 200 rpm. The mechanical properties of the fibers were confirmed using a UTM(Universal materials testing machine). The average tensile strengths of the D-glass fibers were 467.03 MPa at 100 rpm and 522.60 MPa at 200 rpm.
- Wallenberger FT, Naslain R, Macchesney JB, Ackler HD, Advanced Inorganic Fibers : Process, Structures, Properties, Applications, p.149 Netherlands (2000).
- Wallenberger FT, Naslain R, Macchesney JB, Ackler HD, Advanced Inorganic Fibers : Process, Structures, Properties, Applications, p.93 Netherlands (2000).
- Kim BH, Glass Technology, Chungmungak, 3, p. 431, Chungmungak Korea (2009).
- Iba H, Kagawa Y, Compos. Sci. Technol., 62, 2043 (2002)
- Li H, Yan M, J. Petrol. Sci. Eng., 78, 371 (2001)
- Wallenberger FT, Bingham PA, Fiberglass and Glass Technology, p.175, Springer (2010).
- Minges ML, Electronic Materials Handbook:packaging, 1, p.535, Ohio (1989).
- Hummel RE, Electronic Properties of Materials, Springer, 206 (2001).
- Li H, Eng D, Tang C, Westbrook P, Glass Technol. Eur. J. Glass sci. Technol. A, 54, 82 (2013)
- Jeong B, Lee JS, Lee MJ, Lim TY, Lee Y, Jeon DW, Shin D, Kim JH, Korean J. Mater. Res., 27(1), 39 (2017)
- U.S. Patent 7,678,721 B2 (2010)
- Jeong BR, Kim JH, Korean J. Mater. Res., 27, 40 (2017)
- Wallenberger FT, Watson JC, Li H, PPG Industries, Inc., Glass Fiber, 21, 28 (2001).
- Kim TS, Kil DS, June HS, Kang EH, Yoon SS, Anal. Sci, Technol., 13, 775 (2000)
- Zheng Q, Mauro JC, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 100, 7 (2017)
- Lee JS, Kim JH, Korean J. Mater. Res., 27, 45 (2017)
- Kim TS, Kil DS, June HS, Kang EH, Yoon SS, Anal. Sci. Technol., 13, 775 (2000)
- Lee JS, Lee MJ, Lim TY, Lee YJ, Jeon DW, Hyun SK, Kim JH, Korean J. Mater. Res., 27, 47 (2017)