Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.27, No.11, 583-589, November, 2017
디지털 프린팅용 글래스-세라믹 복합 잉크 제조 및 특성 평가
Formulation and Evaluation of Glass-Ceramic Ink for Digital Ink-jet Printing
Ceramic ink-jet printing has become a widespread technology in ceramic tile and ceramicware industries, due to its capability of manufacturing products on demand with various designs. Generally, thermally stable ceramic inks of digital primary colors(cyan, magenta, yellow, black) are required for ink-jet printing of full color image on ceramic tile. Here, we synthesized an aqueous glass-ceramic ink, which is free of Volatile organic compound(VOC) evolution, and investigated its inkjet printability. CoAl2O4 inorganic pigment and glass frit were dispersed in aqueous solution, and rheological behavior was optimized. The formulated glass-ceramic ink was suitably jetted as single sphere-shaped droplets without satellite drops. After ink-jet printing and firing processes, the printed glass-ceramic ink pattern on glazed ceramic tile was stably maintained without ink spreading phenomena and showed an improved scratch resistance.
- Kwon JW, Lee JH, Lee JH, Hwang KT, Kim JH, Han KS, J. Korean Cryst. Growth Cryst. Technol., 26, 211 (2016)
- Derby B, Reis N, MRS Bulletin., 28, 815 (2003)
- Kim JH, Noh HG, Kim US, Cho WS, Choi JH, Lee YO, J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 50, 498 (2013)
- Watanabe O, Hibino T, Sakakibara M, p.73 in Qualicer 2012 X Global Forum on Ceramic Tile., (2012).
- Dondi M, Blosi M, Gardini D, Zanelli C, Ceram. Forum. Inter., 89, 1 (2012)
- Morene R, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 71, 1521 (1992)
- Gungor G, Kara A, Blosi M, Gardini D, Guarini G, Zanelli C, Ceram. Forum, Inter., 41, 6498 (2015)
- Nsib F, Ayed N, Chevalier Y, J. Prog. Org. Coat., 55, 303 (2006)
- Gardini D, Blosi M, Zanelli C, Dondi M, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 15, 3552 (2015)
- Lee WJ, Hwang HJ, Han KS, Cho WS, Kim JH, J. Korean Cryst. Growth. Cryst. Technol., 25, 20 (2015)
- Gungor G, Kara A, Gardini D, Blosi M, Dondi M, Zanelli C, J. Dyes. Pigm., 127, 148 (2016)
- Shanefield DJ, p.171 in Organic Additives and Ceramic Processing, 2nd Ed., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, (1999).
- Laughlin SM, J. Curr. Top. Membr. Transp., 9, 71 (1977)
- Mistler RE, Twiname ER, Am. Ceram. Soc., 64, 7 (2000)
- Park MJ, Ahn JW, Kim H, J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 38, 43 (2001)
- Lee JW, M.D. Thesis (in Korea), p. 44-46, Yonsei University, Seoul (2006).
- Jang DH, Kim DJ, Lee BY, Kim SS, Kang MS, Min DK, Moon JH, J. Adv. Func. Mater., 18, 2862 (2008)