Korean Chemical Engineering Research, Vol.55, No.5, 623-628, October, 2017
산업용 우드펠릿의 자연발화 특성과 화재위험성에 관한 연구
A Study on the Spontaneous Ignition Characteristics and Fire Risk of Commercial Wood Pellets
화력발전소의 연료로 사용되는 우드펠릿을 시료로 하여 시료 용기의 크기에 따른 최소자연발화온도를 구하였으며, 이 온도로부터 Frank-Kamenetskii의 열발화 이론을 이용하여 겉보기 활성화 에너지를 구함으로써 물질의 위험성을 예측하였다. 용기의 크기가 클수록 발화한계온도는 낮아졌으며, 겉보기 활성화 에너지는 37.83 kcal/mol을 구하였다. 또한 시료의 용기가 커질수록 발화유도시간 및 최고온도에 도달하는 시간이 길어졌다.
Using wood pellets, which are used as fuel for thermal power generation plants, as test specimens, the minimum spontaneous ignition temperatures according to the size of the container for the test specimens were measured, and by applying the Frank-Kamenetskii theories on thermal energy to these temperatures, the danger factor of the materials were calculated by deriving the apparent activation energies. The results confirmed that the ignition threshold temperature decreased as the size of the container increased and that the spontaneous ignition energy was 37.83 kcal/mol. The results also confirmed that the larger the container for the test specimens was the time to arrive at the spontaneous ignition time and maximum temperature also increased.
- Choi JW, Mok YS, Ha DM, Fire Science Engineering, 15(4), 34 (2001)
- Hadong Fire Station, “H Thermal Power Plant Wood Pellet Transfer Facility Fire Site Survey,” (2015).
- Yoon SW, Kang HD, Kang KY, Moonumsa Publisher, 292-300(2010).
- Mok YS, Choi JW, J. Korean Soc. Safety, 7(4), 45 (1992)
- Kim SR, Mok YS, Choi JW, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 31(5), 538 (1993)
- Lee SH, Donghwagisul Publisher, 101-105 (2012).
- Beamish BB, Lau AG, Moodie AL, Vallance TA, J. Loss Prev. Process Ind., 15(5), 385 (2002)
- Krause U, Schmidt M, J. Loss Prev. Process Ind., 14(6), 527 (2001)
- Thomas PH, America Society for Testing and Materials, 56-82(1972).
- Choi JW, Mok YS, Ok G, Sagong SH, J. Korean Soc. Safety, 14(2), 90 (1999)
- Choi JJ, Chungnam National University, 1-5 (2010).
- Kitagawa T, “Chemical Safety Engineering,” A Daily News Paper(1971).
- Frank-Kamenetskii DA, 2nd ed., Trans by Apleton, Pleum Press, 5-36(1969).
- Kim YR, Lee SR, “Test Report for Wood Pellet,” KOTITI Testing & Research Institute(2016).
- Korea Forest Research Institute, “Standards and Quality Standards of Wood Products,” (2015).
- Lim WS, Pukyong National University, 26-31(2005).