Korean Chemical Engineering Research, Vol.55, No.4, 503-509, August, 2017
Precious Metals Extraction Processing in Chloride Media by Using Ionic Liquids as Novel Extractant Systems
The present experimental study proposed two ionic liquids (ILs) namely [Aliquat 336] [HSO4] (prepared and characterized at our laboratory) and Cyphos 101 IL (supplied by Cytec Company) dissolved in two different diluents such as DCM (di-chloro-methane) and toluene applied for PMs extraction. The first IL [Aliquat 336] [HSO4] prepared and confirmed the formation of final product by using FT-IR and TGA studies. The primary experiment in solvent extraction processing is kinetic effect; 0 to 30 time varied for PMs by using two ILs and confirmed the optimized extraction equilibrium time. This study was conducted for PMs (Pt, Rh and Cu) extraction and separation from each other by using proposed ILs. This is the primary study of the utilizing green solvents such as ILs as an extractant system for Pt, Rh and Cu extraction and possible separation.
Keywords:Precious metals;Extraction;Separation;Ionic liquids
- Freemantle M, “An Introduction to Ionic Liquids, RSC Publishing,” Cambridge, UK, 2010.
- Park J, Jung Y, Kusumah P, Lee J, Kwon K, Lee CK, Int. J. Mol. Sci., 15(9), 15320 (2014)
- Kakoi T, Kawagoe M, Goto M, J. Chem. Eng. Jpn., 47(8), 666 (2014)
- Yang J, Kubota F, Baba Y, Kamiya N, Goto M, Sol. Extr. Res. Dev., 21(2), 129 (2014)
- Genand-Pinaz S, Papaiconomou N, Leveque JM, Green Chem., 15(9), 2493 (2013)
- Zhang C, Huang K, Yu P, Liu H, Sepn. Puri. Tech., 108, 166 (2013)
- Katsuta S, Yoshimoto Y, Okai M, Takeda Y, Bessho K, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 50(22), 12735 (2011)
- Cieszynska A, Wisniewski M, Sep. Puri. Tech., 80(2), 385 (2011)
- Sasaki K, Takao K, Suzuki T, Mori T, Arai T, Ikeda Y, Dalton Trans., 43(15), 5648-5651(2014).
- Bell TJ, Ikeda Y, Dalton Trans., 41(15), 4303 (2012)
- Reyna-Gonzalez JM, Galicia-Perez R, Reyes-Lopez JC, Aguilar-Martinez M, Sep. Puri. Tech., 89, 320 (2012)
- Papaiconomou N, Lee JM, Salminen J, von Stosch M, Prausnitz JM, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 47(15), 5080 (2008)
- Mikkola JP, Virtanen P, Sjoholm R, Green Chem., 8(3), 250 (2006)
- Kumar JR, Lee JY, “Liquid-liquid Extraction of Tetravalent Platinum VDM Publishers, Saarbrucken,” Germany, 2010.