Polymer(Korea), Vol.41, No.2, 221-226, March, 2017
에틸헥실아크릴레이트/하이드록시에틸아크릴레이트 광 접착 코팅 물성
Coating Characteristics of 2-Ethylhexyl Acrylate/2-Hydroxyethyl Acrylate Optically Clear Resin
광중합에 의하여 2-ethylhexyl acrylate(2-EHA)/2-hydroxyethyl acrylate(2-HEA) 광 접착 수지를 합성하고 2-HEA 첨가가 광중합과 코팅특성에 미치는 영향을 살펴보았다. 수지에 2-HEA 양이 증가할수록 광중합 속도가 증가되어 광 조사 시간에 따른 전환율이 증가됨을 알 수 있었다. 수지 코팅에 적절한 낮은 전환율에서 광조사 시간 및 HEA 함량 증가에 따라 분자량 분포가 급격이 증가되며 이는 코팅성 향상에 도움이 되는 점도 감소를 초래함을 확인하였다. 광 접착 수지의 코팅특성은 수지 점도와 매우 밀접한 관계가 있으며 8~11% 전환율을 갖는 수지가 코팅두께 균일성을 가지며 동시에 코팅성이 우수함을 알 수 있었다.
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate (2-EHA)/2-hydroxyethyl acrylate (2-HEA) optically clear resin (OCR) was synthesized by photopolymerization, and the effect of 2-HEA on photopolymerization was investigated with their coating characteristics. 2-HEA caused the acceleration of photopolymerization; as a result, the conversion could be controlled by UV exposure time as well as the amount of 2-HEA in the resin. The resin having low conversion suitably was needed for good coating characteristics, and low viscosity was found due to the increase of molecular weight distribution by increasing 2-HEA. It was found that coating characteristics were closely related to the viscosity of resin, and appropriate conversion was 8~11% that showed the uniform coating thickness with good coating ability.
Keywords:photopolymerization;optical clear resin;2-ethylhexyl acrylate;2-hydroxyethyl acrylate;coating characteristics
- Lu D, Optically Clear Adhesive for Display Application, Henkel Corp., 2012.
- Park CH, Kim HJ, Polym. Sci. Technol., 26(4), 313 (2015)
- Benedek I, Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives and Application, 2nd Edition, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 2004.
- Park CH, Lee SJ, Lee TH, Kim HJ, Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., 63, 137 (2015)
- Gwak MG, Semiconductor Insight, 39, 2 (2010)
- Miyamoto M, Ohta A, Kawata Y, Makabayashi M, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 46, 3978 (2007)
- Chang EP, Holguin D, J. Adhes., 81(5), 495 (2005)
- Yi D, Touch Panel Report-OCA/OCR for Touch Panel-2013, IHS, 2013.
- Kirihara O, Optically Clear Adhesives and Bonding Technology, S&T publishing, Tokyo, 2012.
- Yuan Y, Lu D, WO2014029062A1 (2014).
- Benedek I, Feldstein MM, Technology of Pressure-sensitive Adhesive and Products, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group, New York, 2009.
- Park ES, Park JW, Kim HJ, Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., 23, 1 (2014)
- Lee SW, Park JW, Kwon YE, Kim S, Kim HJ, Kim EA, Woo HS, Swiderska J, Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., 38, 5 (2012)
- Keizai F, Special Adhesives and Passivation Materials Market Outlook and Application 2012, Fuji Keizai, Tokyo, 2011.
- Paul CW, Lucas FM, Silva D, Ochsner A, Adams RD, Editors, Handbook of Adhesion Technology, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, p 342 (2011).
- Tobing SD, Klein A, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 79(12), 2230 (2001)
- Banba T, Suzuki T, Nitto Denko Technical Report, 47, 22 (2009)
- Falsafi A, Tirrell M, Pocius AV, Langmuir, 16(4), 1816 (2000)
- Lindner A, Lestriez B, Mariot S, Creton C, Maevis T, Luhmann B, Brummer R, J. Adhes., 82(3), 267 (2006)
- Morrison RT, Boyd RN, Organic Chemistry, Allyn and Bacon Inc., Boston, p 519 (1987).