Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.27, No.2, 82-88, February, 2017
디지털 프린팅 공정을 위한 세라믹 안료의 미립화 거동 분석
Micronization of Ceramic Pigments for Digital Ink-Jet Printing Process
Ink-jet printing techniques with ceramic ink, which contains ceramic pigments as colorant, are in increasingly use in the ceramic industry. Generally, ceramic pigments that are produced by conventional method show diameters of several micrometers; these micrometer sized particles in the ink-jet printing process can cause undesirable behavior such as print head nozzle clogging. To prevent this problem, a particle size reduction process is required. In this study, CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) pigments were synthesized via solid state method. Each pigment particle was milled to submicron size by an attrition mill. The effects of micronizing on the morphology, mechanical property, crystal structure and color property of the CMYK ceramic pigments were investigated by field emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM), particle size analysis (PSA), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and CIE L*a*b*.
- Lee KH, Myung MS, Lee BH, J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 44, 160 (2007)
- Son BR, Yoon DH, Han KS, Cho WS, Hwang KT, Kim JH, J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 50, 195 (2013)
- Lee KC, Yoon JW, Kim JH, Hwang KT, Han KS, Korean J. Mater. Res., 24(2), 73 (2014)
- Gardini D, Matteucci F, Blosi M, Costa AL, Dondi M, Galassi C, Raimondo M, Baldi G, Cinotti E, Qualicer 2006-IX Global Forum on Ceramic Tile, 397-408 (2006).
- Crasta GP, Ceramic World Review, 92, 64 (2012)
- Dondi M, Blosi M, Gardini D, Zanelli C, Qualicer 2012-XII Global Forum on Ceramic Tile, 1-12 (2012).
- Cavalcante PMT, Dondi M, Guarini G, Ramondo M, Baldi G, Dyes Pigment., 80, 226 (2009)
- Gardini D, Dondi M, Costa AL, Mateuci F, Blosi M, Galasi C, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 8, 1979 (2008)
- Jang D, Kim D, Moon J, Langmuir, 25(5), 2629 (2009)
- Stenger F, Mende S, Schwedes J, Peukert W, Chem. Eng. Sci., 60(16), 4557 (2005)
- Suryanarayana C, Prog. Mater. Sci., 46(1-2), 1 (2001)
- Hogg R, Cho H, Kona Powder Particle J., 18, 9 (2000)
- Kwade A, Powder Technol., 105(1-3), 14 (1999)
- Gungor GL, Kara A, Blosi M, Gardini D, Guarini G, Zanelli C, Dondi M, Ceram. Int., 41, 6498 (2015)
- Berns RS, Billmeyer and Saltzman’s Principles of Color Technology, p. 72, John Wiley & Sons, USA (2000).
- Yungevis H, Ozel E, Ceram. Int., 39, 5503 (2013)
- Buxbaum G, Industrial Inorganic Pigments, P. 289, Wiley-VCH, Germany (1998).