Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol.34, No.3, 747-756, March, 2017
HCl removal characteristics of calcium hydroxide at the dry-type sorbent reaction accelerator using municipal waste incinerator flue gas at a real site
A dry-type reactor was used to reduce the HCl emitted from a municipal waste incinerator. A real-scale reactor was installed downstream of the existing semi-dry reactor (SDR) as part of D local incineration plant, whose HCl removal efficiency was investigated by applying calcium hydroxide (Ca(OH)2). A test dry-type sorbent reaction accelerator (SRx) was designed, and the stoichiometric ratio (SR) of the sorbent and the secondary reaction characteristics of unreacted Ca(OH)2 in a baghouse were analyzed. For the results, the SRx showed higher HCl removal efficiency and more economic benefits than the other existing flue gas treatment facilities of the incinerator plant. Furthermore, the highest reduction efficiency of HCl was obtained when the differential pressure in the baghouse was maintained at 150mmH2O. This is because as the unreacted sorbent attached to the filter surface layer became thicker and the secondary reaction of the HCl removal increased.
- Wey MY, Ou WY, Liu ZS, Tseng HH, Yang WY, Chiang BC, J. Hazard. Mater., 82(3), 247 (2001)
- Lim GG, Korean J. Atmospheric Environ., 11(2), 107 (1995)
- Lemieux PM, Lee CW, Ryan JV, J. Air Waste Manage. Assoc., 50, 2129 (2000)
- Tseng HH, Wey MY, Liang YS, Chen KH, Carbon, 41, 1079 (2003)
- Wey MY, Fu CH, Tseng HH, Chen KH, Fuel, 82(18), 2285 (2003)
- Mangun CL, Debarr JAYA, Economy J, Carbon, 39, 1689 (2001)
- Wu C, Khang SJ, Keener TC, Lee SK, Adv. Environ. Res., 8, 655 (2004)
- Lee DS, Yoon OS, Shim SH, Lee BJ, A study on HCl removal by calcium hydroxide in combustion tube-type reactor, Korea Society of Waste Management, Spring academic research proceedings, 550 (2005).
- Lee GJ, Korea Organic Resources Recycling Association, 15(3), 121 (2007)
- Park CH, Park CL, Park GH, Kim BH, Kyung KH, Theories Appl. Chem. Eng., 1(1), 541 (1995)
- Park HN, Song SK, Kim KH, Seo JM, Jeon SK, Kim GH, Noh NS, Korea Society of Waste Management, Spring academic research Proceedings, 559 (2006).
- Gullett BK, Jozewicz W, Stefanski LA, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 31, 2437 (1992)
- Weinell CE, Jensen PI, Kim DJ, Livbjerg H, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 31, 164 (1992)
- Gasmet TM DX-4000, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Analyzer.