Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.27, No.1, 39-42, January, 2017
보론함량에 따른 D-glass의 유전율 특성
Preparation and Dielectric Behavior of D-Glass with Different Boron Contents
E-glass (electrical glass) fiber is the widely used as a reinforced composite material of PCBs (printed circuit boards). However, E-glass fiber is not stable because it has a dielectric constant of 6~7. On the other hand, D-glass (dielectric glass) fiber has a low dielectric constant of 3~4.5. Thus, it is adaptable for use as a reinforcing material of PCBs. In this study, we fabricated D-glass compositions with low dielectric constant, and measured the electrical and optical properties. In the glass composition, the boron content was changed from 9 to 31 wt%. To confirm the dependence of the dielectric constant on melting properties, D-glass with 22 wt% boron was melted at 1550 °C and 1650 °C for 2hrs. The glass melted at 1650 °C had a lower dielectric constant than the glass melted at 1550 °C. Therefore, the D-glass with boron of 9~31 wt% was fabricated by melting at 1650 °C for 2hrs, and transparent clear glass was obtained. We identified the non-crystalline nature of the glass using an XRD (x-ray diffractometer) graph. The visible light transmittance values depending on the boron contents were measured and found to be 88.6%~ 82.5%. Finally, the dielectric constant of the D-glass with 31 wt% boron was found to have decreased from 4.18 to 3.93.
- Lee JS, Lim TY, J. Korean Cryst. Growth Cryst. Technol., 23, 180 (2013)
- Minges ML, Electronic Materials Handbook:packaging, 1, p. 535, Ohio (1989).
- Hummel RE, Electronic Properties of Materials, Springer, 206 (2001).
- Minges ML, Electronic Materials Handbook:packaging, 1, p. 455, Ohio (1989).
- Tummala RR, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 74, 895 (1991)
- Wallenberger FT, Naslain R, Macchesney JB, Ackler HD, Advanced Inorganic Fibers : Process, Structures, Properties, Applications, p. 149 Netherlands (2000).
- Wallenberger FT, Bingham PA, Fiberglass and Glass Technology Energy-Friendly Compositions and Applications, p. 188-190, Springer, Berlin, Germany (2010).
- Lee JS, Lim TY, J. Korean Cryst. Growth Cryst. Technol., 23, 44 (2013)
- Liu JJ, Miller RD, Appl. Phys. Lett., 81, 4180 (2002)
- Cheng YL, Leu JP, Microelectron. Eng., 114, 12 (2014)
- Wallenberger FT, Watson JC, Li H, PPG Industries, Inc., Glass Fiber, 21, 28 (2001).
- Hummel RE, Electronic Properties of Materials, Springer, 4, p. 203, Springer, Dordrecht, Netherlands, (2001).