Korean Journal of Materials Research, Vol.26, No.11, 590-597, November, 2016
Nb 첨가에 따른 저탄소강의 충격 특성에 미치는 변태 온도의 영향
Influence Nb Addition and Transformation Temperature on Impact Properties of Low-Carbon Steels
In this study, six kinds of low-carbon steel specimens with different ferrite-pearlite microstructures were fabricated by varying the Nb content and the transformation temperature. The microstructural factors of ferrite grain size, pearlite fraction, interlamellar spacing, and cementite thickness were quantitatively measured based on optical and scanning electron micrographs; then, Charpy impact tests were conducted in order to investigate the correlation of the microstructural factors with the impact toughness and the ductile-brittle transition temperature (DBTT). The microstructural analysis results showed that the Nb4 specimens had ferrite grain size smaller than that of the Nb0 specimens due to the pinning effect resulting from the formation of carbonitrides. The pearlite interlamellar spacing and the cementite thickness also decreased as the transformation temperature decreased. The Charpy impact test results indicated that the impact-absorbed energy increased and the ductile-brittle transition temperature decreased with addition of Nb content and decreasing transformation temperature, although all specimens showed ductile-brittle transition behaviour.
Keywords:pearlite interlamellar spacing;impact toughness;ductile-brittle transition temperature;ferrite grain size
- Kavishe FPL, Baker TJ, Mater. Sci. Technol., 2, 816 (1986)
- Bae CM, Lee CS, Nam WJ, Mater. Sci. Technol., 18, 1317 (2002)
- Hong S, Song J, Kim MC, Choi KJ, Lee BS, Met. Mater. Int., 22, 196 (2016)
- Shukla R, Ghosh SK, Chakrabarti D, Chatterjee S, Met. Mater. Int., 21, 85 (2015)
- You Y, Shang C, Subramanian S, Met. Mater. Int., 20, 659 (2014)
- Jonas JJ, Weiss I, Met. Sci., 13, 238 (1979)
- Simielli EA, Yue S, Jonas JJ, Metall. Mater. Trans. A-Phys. Metall. Mater. Sci., 23, 597 (1992)
- Akben MG, Bacroix B, Jonas JJ, Acta Metall., 31, 161 (1983)
- O’Donnelly BE, Reuben RL, Baker TN, Met. Technol., 11, 45 (1984)
- Porter DA, Easterling KE, Sherif M, Phase Transformations in Metals and Alloys, (Revised Reprint). CRC press (2009).
- Gladman T, Mcivor ID, Pickering FB, J. Iron Steel Inst., 210, 916 (1972)
- Pickering FB, Garbarz B, Scr. Mater., 21, 249 (1987)
- Ray KK, Mondal D, Acta Metall. Mater., 39, 2201 (1991)
- Hyzak JM, Bernstein IM, Metall. Mater. Trans. A-Phys. Metall. Mater. Sci., 7A, 1217 (1976)
- Bae CM, Nam WJ, Lee CS, Scr. Mater., 41, 605 (1999)
- Bhadeshia H, Honeycombe R, Steels: microstructure and properties, Butterworth-Heinemann (2011).
- Callister WD, Rethwisch DG, Materials science and engineering: an introduction, Wiley, New York (2007).
- Petch NJ, Acta Metall., 34, 1387 (1986)
- Petch NJ, Fracture, Technology Press MIT and Wiley, New York, 54 (1959).
- Morris JW, Science, 320, 1022 (2008)