Clean Technology, Vol.22, No.4, 286-291, December, 2016
바이오에너지용 억새 펠릿의 품질 및 연소 특성
Quality and Combustion Characteristics of Miscanthus Pellet for Bioenergy
본 연구는 억새 바이오매스로 성형한 연료펠릿의 실용화를 앞당기기 위해 소나무 톱밥 펠릿과 비교한 성형 단계별 물리적 특성 변화, 소요 전력 그리고 성형된 펠릿의 품질을 조사하고, 연소 특성 개선을 위해 석회혼합 비율별로 펠릿을 성형하여 회분 함량 등 연소특성을 조사하였다. 겉보기 밀도는 억새가 원료단계와 분쇄 후에 소나무 톱밥에 비해 낮았으나 펠릿 성형후에는 소나무 톱밥과 비슷하였다. 수분함량은 억새가 원료 단계에서 소나무 톱밥에 비해 높았으나 분쇄 후에는 비슷하였고, 펠릿 성형 후에는 낮아졌다. 억새는 소나무 톱밥 펠릿성형 공정에 없는 밀도증가 단계가 있지만 총 소요 전력이 비슷하였고, 성형된 펠릿의 내구성과 성형율도 소나무 톱밥과 차이가 없었다. 억새 펠릿은 석회혼합 비율이 증가함에 따라 회분함량이 증가하고 고위 발열량이 다소 낮아졌으나, 회분 용융점이 높아지고 clinker 발생률은 감소하는 경향이었다.
In this study we made fuel pellet from miscanthus biomass and investigated changes of physiological characteristics and electricity consumption of pelletizing process in comparison with fuel pellet made of pine sawdust. We also examined combustion characteristics including ash content and clinker forming ratio with fuel pellet made of mixing with micanthus biomass and lime powder. Bulk density of ground-miscanthus and pine sawdust were 158 g L-1 and 187 g L-1, respectively. Bulk density of ground miscanthus was lower than that of pine sawdust, but increased to 653 g L-1 after pelletizing, which was similar to 656 g L-1 of pine sawdust pellet. Moisture content in raw miscanthus and ground miscanthus were 17.0% and 11.8%, respectively. Moisture content in ground miscanthus was similar to that of pine saw dust and decreased to 6.73% after pelletizing, which was 7.7% lower than that of pine sawdust pellet. Although 27 kWh ton-1 were required for compaction press that was an additional process in miscanthus pelleitizing, total required electricity was 193 kWh ton-1 which was similar to 195 kWh ton-1 of pine sawdust pellet pelleitizing. Pellet durability and pelletizing ratio of miscanthus were 98.0% and 99.7%, respectively, which were similar to 98.1% and 99.4% of pine sawdust pellet. When lime mixing ratio increased, ash melting degree and clinker forming ratio of miscanthus pellet increased. While higher heating value and clinker forming ratio of miscanthus pellet decreased.
- Kumar R, Singh S, Singh OV, J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 35, 377 (2008)
- Sikkema R, Junginger M, Pichler W, Hayes S, Faaij APC, Biofuels Bioprod. Biorefin., 4, 132 (2010)
- Han GS, Korean Ind. Chem. News, 15(6), 54 (2012)
- Moon YH, Koo BC, Choi YH, Ahn SH, Bark ST, Cha YL, An GH, Kim JK, Suh SJ, Kor. J. Weed Sci., 30(4), 330 (2010)
- Moon YH, Cha YL, Choi YH, Yoon YM, Koo BC, Ahn JW, An GH, Kim JK, Park KG, Euphytica, 193, 317 (2013)
- Adapa P, Tabil L, Schoenau G, Biosyst. Eng., 104, 335 (2009)
- Salvatore C, Bruno A, Gisele F, Thierry Z, Jean VW, Environ. Chem. Lett., 4, 75 (2006)
- Gilbert P, Ryu C, Sharifi V, Swithenbank J, Fuel, 88(8), 1491 (2009)
- Moon YH, Yang JW, Koo BC, An JW, Cha YL, Yoon YM, Yu GD, An GH, Park KG, Choi IH, Bio Resources, 9(2), 3334 (2014)
- Nilsson D, Bernesson S, Hansson PA, Biomass Bioenerg., 35(1), 679 (2011)
- Stelte W, Holm JK, Sanadi AR, Barsberg S, Ahrenfeldt J, Henriksen UB, Biomass Bioenerg., 35(2), 910 (2011)
- National Institute of Forest Science, “Quality Criteria of Wood Pellet,” Notification No. 2009-2 (2009).
- Mani S, Tabil LG, Sokhansanj S, Biomass Bioenerg., 30(7), 648 (2006)
- Lehmann B, Schroder HW, Wollenberg R, Repke JU, Biomass Bioenerg., 44(-), 150 (2012)
- John PC, John F, Biosyst. Eng., 112, 151 (2012)
- Serrano C, Monedero E, Lapuerta M, Portero H, Fuel Process. Technol., 92(3), 699 (2011)
- Hjuler K, “The Quality of Pellets Made from Alternative Biomass Wels,” p.7, World Sustainable Energy Day, Wels (Feb.2007).
- Peter S, Thomas B, Ingwald O, Energy Fuels, 26, 380 (2011)
- Carvalho L, Wopienka E, Pointner C, Lundgren J, Verma VK, Haslinger W, Schmidl C, Appl. Energy, 104(-), 286 (2013)