Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol.32, No.12, 2375-2383, December, 2015
Feasibility study of solvent recycle process in spin-on hard mask material manufacturing system
The spin-on hard mask material for photo resist in semiconductor industry is usually obtained from a small-scale batch process. To obtain high purity products requires multiple-step purification processes, during which a large amount of organic solvent waste is emitted. In this study, a process for regenerating high purity solvent was proposed and the economic efficiency of the proposed process was analyzed. Also, a sensitivity analysis was performed to analyze the changing economics regarding the main variables. From the analysis, the break-even point can be achieved within one year for different cases considered. On the basis of 4-year operation, the profit margins for each case were determined and compared. It is concluded that the waste solvent regeneration process for spin-on hard mask material production in semiconductor industry is feasible and recommended.
- Wei Y, Brainard RL, Advanced processes for 193-nm immersion lithography, SPIE Bellingham, Washington (2009).
- Subramanian R, Wang F, Lukanc TP, Okada LA, U. S. Patent, 6,309,955 (2001).
- Takei S, Ogawa T, Deschner R, Jen K, Nihira T, Hanabata M, Willson CG, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 49, 075201 (2010)
- Yun H, Yeom S, Yang DR, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 31(5), 748 (2014)
- Oh CI, Uh DS, Kim DH, Lee JK, Yun HC, Nam I, Kim MS, Yoon KH, Hyung KH, Tokareva N, Advanced Lithography, 65192R-65192R-10 (2007).
- Lee K, Kim S, Lee G, Lee S, Cho J, Kim W, Bok C, Kim H, Moon S, Kim J, SPIE 31st International Symposium on Advanced Lithography, 61532V-61532V-8 (2006).
- Kim SK, Cho HM, Woo C, Koh SR, Kim MY, Yoon HC, Lee W, Shin SW, Kim JS, Chang T, SPIE Lithography Asia-Taiwan, 71402V-71402V-7 (2008).
- Iglesias M, Gonzalez-Olmos R, Salvatierra D, Resa J, J. Mol. Liq., 130, 52 (2007)
- Ko MS, Na S, Cho J, Kim H, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 19(6), 996 (2002)
- Luyben WL, Distillation design and control using aspen simulation, John Wiley & Sons (2013).
- O’sullivan A, Sheffrin SM, Perez SJ, Survey of economics, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA: Pearson Prentice Hall (2010).
- Hendry J, Rudd D, Seader J, AIChE J., 19, 1 (1973)
- Hazeltine B, Bull C, Field guide to appropriate technology, Academic Press (2003).
- Zhang Y, Dube MA, McLean DD, Kates M, Bioresour. Technol., 90(3), 229 (2003)