Macromolecular Research, Vol.21, No.8, 899-904, August, 2013
Synthesis of polymetalloxanes and their properties as gate insulator for organic thin film transistors
We report here the synthesis and dielectric properties of polymetalloxane dielectric materials for organic field-effect transistor applications. The gate insulators were obtained from polymetalloxanes by condensation polymerization of metal chelates and silicic acid. The solution shows an appreciable stability to self-condensation and a good coating quality. A high dielectric constant 6.16-8.27 was obtained for the prepared films. Organic thin film transistors with this gate dielectric were found to exhibit high performances, including carrier mobility as large as 1.77 cm2/Vs, on-off current ratios above 1×104, threshold voltages below -0.13 V, and subthreshold swing as low as 0.1 V/decade. In addition, the operating voltage ranges as low as 5 volts was obtained.
- Murphy AR, Frechet JMJ, Chem. Rev., 4, 1066 (2007)
- Gelinck G, Heremans P, Nomoto K, Anthopoulos TD, Adv. Mater., 34, 3778 (2010)
- Kobayashi S, Nishikawa T, Takenobu T, Mori S, Shimoda T, Mitani T, Shimotani H, Yoshimoto N, Ogawa S, Iwasa Y, Nat. Mater., 5, 317 (2004)
- Kim DH, Lee HS, Yang H, Yang L, Cho K, Adv. Funct. Mater., 9, 1363 (2008)
- Klauk H, Zschieschang U, Pflaum J, Halik M, Nature, 7129, 745 (2007)
- Volksen W, Miller RD, Dubois G, Chem. Rev., 1, 56 (2010)
- Zhang X, Tiwari SP, Kim S, Kippelen B, Appl. Phys. Lett., 22, 223302 (2009)
- Kim H, Gilmer DC, Campbell SA, Polla DL, Appl. Phys. Lett., 25, 3860 (1996)
- Roy PK, Kizilyalli IC, Appl. Phys. Lett., 22, 2835 (1998)
- Klauk H, Halik M, Zschieschang U, Eder F, Schmid G, Dehm C, Appl. Phys. Lett., 23, 4175 (2003)
- Parashkov R, Becker E, Ginev G, Riedi T, Johannes H, Kowalsky W, J. Appl. Phycol., 3, 1594 (2004)
- Uemura S, Yoshida M, Hoshino S, Kodzasa T, Kamata T, Thin Solid Films, 438-439, 378 (2003)
- Lappert MF, Leigh GL, Developmemts in Inorganic Polymer Chemistry, Elsevier, New York, 1962.
- Andrianov KA, Metal Organic Polymers, Inter science, New York, 1965.
- Gunji T, Nagao Y, Misono T, Abe Y, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 107, 149 (1989)
- Schubert U, Arpac E, Glaubitt W, Helmerich A, Chau C, Chem. Mater., 2, 291 (1992)
- Andrianov KA, J. Polym. Sci., 257 (1961)
- Wang G, Moses D, Heeger AJ, Zhang H, Narasimhan M, Demaray RE, J. Appl. Phys., 1, 316 (2004)
- Jang Y, Lee WH, Park YD, Kwak D, Cho JH, Cho K, Appl. Phys. Lett., 18, 183301 (2009)